Dress code in MDR

MDR for regular dinner is usually business casual type clothing. I've worn dresses and slacks. I've seen minis and maxis.

Formal night I've seen really formal and semi-formal. Cruising is a wonderful opportunity to pull out those sparkly tops and dresses that you've always wanted to wear but didn't have a place to wear them to. The only caveat is that they will take up more space in your luggage!

I don't recommend super high heels simply because you are on a ship at sea and if the seas are bad that night you run the risk of twisting your ankle.

You should also plan on every night to bring some kind of wrap for your shoulders or a sweater if you're wearing with spaghetti straps. It gets cold in there!

As for totally off limits - jeans and shorts and bathing attire. Those are the big 3.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Most women will be wearing capris or slacks, sundress, etc.....casual, but nice looking. I always wear some sort of heel/dressy sandal. No shorts at dinner.

That's for "casual" nights.

On the "formal" nights...you won't be out of place in a gown or cocktail dress...and some will be less "formal" than that...so don't worry too much!

Archived