RCI - Brisbane On Your Own - Theme Parks

I am hoping that someone can maybe tell me a bit about this tour?

Does the bus drop you close to the theme parks or somewhere central and then you have to find your own way to the park you want to go to? I am hoping to buy tickets to a theme park in advance but need to know which ones I can possibly get to. Thanks in advance :)

The theme parks are a fair distance (at least a hours drive) from Brisbane. And in saying that, you would at most have only time to enjoy 1 park as they are large complexes, and to get the most out of each park you need to send a whole day at each one. Hope this helps.

Based on the description, I'd agree with your belief.

They'll take you to either (both) Dreamworld or Movieworld (which also means the parks beside them e.g .White water world). You would have to choose one or the other though i.e. they wouldn't shuttle you between them half way through!

You'll have approximately 4.5-5 hours to do what you want in that theme park area then they take you back.

Just returned from 5 night Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane. On the excursion paperwork issued on Radiance, there were two tours - On your own - Australian Zoo or Gold Coast. Gold Coast tour was 8 hours approx, leaving at 9.30 am. Transfer to Surfers Paradise (90 minutes) and the day spent as you like. It doesn't mention drop off or pick ups at theme parks but maybe someone who has done this tour could post a reply. Also the Radiance was in port in Brisbane until 7.00pm - NSW time. We were asked to keep to NSW time for the day. If on your cruise the time in Brisbane was shorter, I would think the tour would be of a shorter duration. Tour price was $59pp.

On your own - Australia Zoo was 10.15 departure, approx 6 hours - $49 then add on entrance fees.

Also shuttle bus to Brisbane $12 pp each way.

Thanks for the replies :)

When I first booked the tour it did not say what theme parks were possible but I just had another look online and it says Movie World and Dreamworld as mentioned above. So I will book some tickets online through entertainment book (to save some money) and I will be all set!

Archived