Allure or Oasis: Which side?

[quote name='macruisefan']Okay, so this falls under the category of caring about things that probably don't matter. Given your choice, do you have a preference for port or starboard for your stateroom on Oasis or Allure?[/quote]
Don't care personally, but the starboard side will the the side the ship docks on most often.

I'm on a Boardwalk Balcony... either side looks at the Boardwalk. Only decision is to I want to look at Ritas Cantina or Johnny Rockets. :)
I tend to like the "pier" side so I usually book Starboard. Having said that we were on Freedom in Dec. and had a Port balcony. Docking on that cruise in both ports was port side to the pier. So you just never know.

With most ships it is a 50 50 chance with which side they will dock on, however with Oasis/Allure they have built in escalators which go to the starboard side. They try to dock on this side whenever possible. Of course there are reasons when they don't so it is not a guarantee, but you definitely have a greater chance on knowing.

As noted, starboard is the side most of the time to the pier.

Having sailed on Oasis, port side was nice for sailaway. That is where the nice homes and the web camera are located.

In Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel, the starboard side was to the pier on each port.

Do not know about the Eastern itinerary.

Archived