St Kitts 2014 with a 7 yo.

dyanna72

If you like swimming and such, the Marriott has a day pass for $35 each...allows you use of chairs, towels, umbrellas, the beach, gazebos....the pool which we never left last time! There is an eatery there (will take a long time for lunch). The port has a great shopping area with lots of interesting stores. The cab to the Marriott is $3 per person each way.

Lou

Definitely grab a cab & have the driver take you to the fort! You little guy will love looking at all the cannons and different rooms inside the fort. I took then 6 year old and he had a blast. The only time I was nervous was when we were on the upper deck because there are not rails or barriers so I held his hand the whole time. After that, take the cab to a beach (all of them are fantastic - Reggae Beach has caged monkeys) and spend the rest of the day lounging =)

ENJOY!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it all depends on your child and what you are doing BEFORE arriving to the island and AFTER. We are traveling to this island in July with our 1 child, a 6 1/2 year old. The day before in St. Thomas we have hired an all-day private boat charter to take us to BVI. In short, it'll be a long day on the water in the middle of July. In other ports, we've prehired private tours and have a dolphin booked. Therefore, we want to be low-key for St. Kitts, yet we want to experience this island (our first time there). We opted out for an all day tour. It would be too much. Instead, we have been debating between the Marriott day pass and a short cruiseship-operated tour. We are eying the 4x4 tours (3.5 hours long) and the scenic railroad. I'm thinking the railroad might get boring after awhile, so I'm leaning toward the 4x4 tour because it includes a beach stop (aka a variety of activities).

I should note that we are traveling with another family... so if I was traveling with just MY family, I would probably play this port by ear and see how my son feels. The beaches look fantastic! I would probably just hire a taxi to give us a short tour and drop us off at Cockleshell beach for a few hours.

I can report back, if you wish!;)

I looked into independent vendors but apparently they all work for the cruise line. There are two 4x4 tours, one with open Land Rovers and the other with ex-military trucks. Both incorporate a beach stop.

R us doing the 4x4 tour thru your cruise line or thru an independant? Let me know how it is as that may be something we might be interested in. Thanks!

Archived