live from the Isle of Pines on the Marina

westmount

Hi everyone,

Maybe I'm a bit biased here, as after two weeks of going from one beautiful island to another aboard the Marina one could not be any other way, but let me say there is no better way to travel this beautiful planet than aboard one of the best cruise liners ever built. When you spend some time on her (or her sister I guess) you realize the care and attention that was taken putting every detail into it work. While we have not particularly taken part in every cooking class, nor attended every 930 show, for us, the staff, the food, the cleanliness, and most important, the comfortable feeling one gets in every bar and dining room on the ship is really on a par with either Seabourn or Crystal.

Oh yes, the overpriced excursions have been oversold, the guides fine, and if you take advantage of the discounts offered, probably not such a bad deal.

My one pet peeve so far remains passengers who insist they are capable of climbing mountains, walking rivers and cliff, and don't seem to mind that they are this close to a broken leg or heart attack. While the cruise line warms people as much as they can in their descriptions, they must do more to protect passengers from themselves. Someone is going to get seriously hurt and yesterday was almost one of them. Onto Gilligan's Island for the day, things one must do to stay busy.

Westmount

Hi everyone,

Maybe I'm a bit biased here, as after two weeks of going from one beautiful island to another aboard the Marina one could not be any other way, but let me say there is no better way to travel this beautiful planet than aboard one of the best cruise liners ever built. When you spend some time on her (or her sister I guess) you realize the care and attention that was taken putting every detail into it work. While we have not particularly taken part in every cooking class, nor attended every 930 show, for us, the staff, the food, the cleanliness, and most important, the comfortable feeling one gets in every bar and dining room on the ship is really on a par with either Seabourn or Crystal.

Oh yes, the overpriced excursions have been oversold, the guides fine, and if you take advantage of the discounts offered, probably not such a bad deal.

My one pet peeve so far remains passengers who insist they are capable of climbing mountains, walking rivers and cliff, and don't seem to mind that they are this close to a broken leg or heart attack. While the cruise line warms people as much as they can in their descriptions, they must do more to protect passengers from themselves. Someone is going to get seriously hurt and yesterday was almost one of them. Onto Gilligan's Island for the day, things one must do to stay busy.

Westmount

Our upcoming Riviera cruise will be our 3rd in 5 months.....(2 on Riv 1 on Mar)....I guess you can say we really like the product:D

Hi everyone,

The point I was trying to make was that Oceania seems to have figured out the right formula to make people of all different kinds to truly enjoy themselves. Today was carnival day, where, on a pretty blustery day, got probably 600 guest to involve themselves with the staff in a country fair for a couple hours of fun. guest were stuffing pillow cases with the housekeepers, walking with eggs on a spoon, throwing bean bags, naming the countries of senior staff, making ties with the butlers etc etc for points, and everyone got into it in a wonderful way. There are rich people on the cruise, there are well to do people on the cruise, and therer are people taking the cruise of a lifetime, but everyone is having a great time, and after seeing 600 people cram the horizon for a Gala tea party with enough crepe suzette for all to enjoy for what looked like their last meal ever, I don't see how this line can be beat.

For sure they are busy selling drinks, selling bingo cards, selling tomorrows excursions, but they do it as well as any, and probably as good.

we still have another three weeks to go, hope to survive the torture.

regards

Westmount

Our upcoming Riviera cruise will be our 3rd in 5 months.....(2 on Riv 1 on Mar)....I guess you can say we really like the product:D

and need to get on one together soon....what are you thinking about for a fall T/A?? LuAnn

Hi everyone,

The point I was trying to make was that Oceania seems to have figured out the right formula to make people of all different kinds to truly enjoy themselves. Today was carnival day, where, on a pretty blustery day, got probably 600 guest to involve themselves with the staff in a country fair for a couple hours of fun. guest were stuffing pillow cases with the housekeepers, walking with eggs on a spoon, throwing bean bags, naming the countries of senior staff, making ties with the butlers etc etc for points, and everyone got into it in a wonderful way. There are rich people on the cruise, there are well to do people on the cruise, and therer are people taking the cruise of a lifetime, but everyone is having a great time, and after seeing 600 people cram the horizon for a Gala tea party with enough crepe suzette for all to enjoy for what looked like their last meal ever, I don't see how this line can be beat.

For sure they are busy selling drinks, selling bingo cards, selling tomorrows excursions, but they do it as well as any, and probably as good.

we still have another three weeks to go, hope to survive the torture.

regards

Westmount

Our T/A "carnival day" this past late November...Rome to Rio...such fun...and I won the pillow case contest and the ping pong one as well!!! Lots of "tickets"...but not a winner...no problem...it was the fun of doing all those things that made it such a special day!!! LuAnn

Archived