Eggs Benedict in Blu?

Vineyardfan

Last year we stayed in Aqua class on Equinox and loved Blu.

The only drawback for us was that Blu didn't serve Eggs Benedict for breakfast. This happens to be a favourite of ours while on holiday.

We asked our waiter one morning if it was possible to order them even though they weren't on the menu, but after checking with the kitchen he told us it wasn't possible, unfortunately.

Has anyone had any success in ordering Eggs Benedict in Blu?

If so, did you talk to the waiter or ask the Maitre d'? We'd be quite happy to order them the day before, is this would increase our chances...

The only drawback for us was that Blu didn't serve Eggs Benedict for breakfast. This happens to be a favourite of ours while on holiday.

We asked our waiter one morning if it was possible to order them even though they weren't on the menu, but after checking with the kitchen he told us it wasn't possible, unfortunately.

If so, did you talk to the waiter or ask the Maitre d'? We'd be quite happy to order them the day before, is this would increase our chances...

Try the Bluberry/Pecan Pancakes and you'll forget about the Eggs Benedict :)

We were on Equinox TA this past November, and one morning I ordered them. I know they were not on the menu, but the waiter got them for me. He must have gone up to the main dining room to get them as it took quite a while. When he returned, they were cold and the yoke was well done. If I want them again, I will either go to the MDR or the buffet where they have a variety of eggs benedicts.

There was no problem ordering them (off menu) on the Millenium last week, but they arrived with overcooked eggs and soggy english muffin. They had a problem with soft boiled and poached eggs in general....both overcooked (by the time they got to the table).

I think you will be happier with poached eggs/eggs benedict in the buffet area.

On previous cruises in the past 12 months, I was unable to get eggs benedict at all in Blu on the eclipse and equinox.....so I'm not sure if the availability now on the Millenium is due to the ship or an overall change.

Not on Blu menu during my voyage. I would recommend the French Toast or Pancakes as the food "tip" for Blu breakfasts. My experience with Blu was that if the waiters could accomodate a request they would, but you will probably get ones from another dining area carried to you by an accomodating Celebrity employee. Probably easier in my opinion to go where the Eggs Benedict is served if you want to assure quality and temperature of the dish.

I would suggest that you avoid the blueberry pancakes (if you count 5 blueberries as blueberry pancakes) in Blu (they put them in by hand...I've watched in the gala buffet). They were cold when they arrived, flat (they didn't raise when being cooked) and tasteless. Enjoy the french toast instead :)

Got Eggs Benedict once, when we sat at our table for 20 minutes and no one took our order and I finally asked a waiter from another area. They were embarassed and therefore more accomodating. We found no significant difference between staff in Blu and the MDR. Good is good and poor is poor. In fact the maitre 'd in the MDR was more accomodating than the assistant in Blu, who was a tad brittle.

You could order two poach eggs with a english muffin with you choice of meat and make it yourself .That what I did and was great .No hollandaise ,but still great

I've done the same thing in Blu. Works out great. Just request the eggs not on the toast. They'll come in little cups so you can arrange the ham on the english muffin and then top it off with the egg.

Archived