Why no more Green Glow in the Toilet fun???

AFT_LOVER

Who else here sets an alarm for 2AM first night on Connie to go to the bathroom, pull up the toilet seat, close the bathroom door & turn off the light to see it - the GREEN GLOW! Yelled for husband to go in to see it & he did too.

5:30AM still there too but not as bright at 2AM.

Then a few days later at the officersintroduction in the showroom, Derek the CD gives me the mike, with a secret giggle to have me ask the Captain about it. The Captain just stood there with this strange look on his face, told the people that I was a troublemaker & the turned to his officers looking for a answer. It was the Hotel Manager of a cappucino that told me it began with a "K", I forget the word but it is the cleaning of the sewerage system every night to rid of shower waste, toilet waste, kitchen waste, etc. Never a smell in the drains & no puking toilets................. now this is on M Class only.

So who else joins me in the festival of light!!!!!

I do have to admit to looking for the glow when I needed to use the facilites in the 'wee' hours of the morning (so to speak). Yup. It was there all right. I don't THINK I drank anything that would glow like that :D. I was not diligent enough to check it out twice, though!

Linda

Is this anything like the "green flash" seen immediately after a spectacular sunset??? ;)

I sure wish I had known about this before my first cruise. I gave up drinking for a month after the first nocturnal visit to the head. Cruise Critic sure has taught me a lot.

Les

Can I get an explanation to this. There is a green glow in the toilets. Is it like a green color or is it glow in the dark. Does this happen on all Celebrity cruises. If so at what time. I would like to see this.

Can I get an explanation to this. There is a green glow in the toilets. Is it like a green color or is it glow in the dark. Does this happen on all Celebrity cruises. If so at what time. I would like to see this.
We've seen it on both C-Class and M-Class ships. It's a real phosporescent "glow in the dark", not just green in color. I've always wondered if what we were seeing was the light on in the head in the cabin below shining through plastic pipe.

Hi,

We were on the same cruise with Bluekiwi (Hi, Wendy & Kevin!!) and the mysterious green glow was there almost every night! Hehehehe. :D The color kinda reminds me of the luminescent hands on an old-fashioned wristwatch -- or the glow on the dashboard of an antique car.

Keep lifting that lid and looking, you'll see it, too!

CM

I had to get up to use the bathroom EVERY night on the cruise, but obviously, I was too sleepy to notice the glow. I did notice that at least once while washing clothes, I had "blue" water in the sink. I was going to ask the attendant about it, BUT decided that I can live with blue if others were experience BROWN!

My FIL, not even jokingly, said that he thinks the attendants know from some computer set up or something, when we come out of the room, so they can greet us!

We too along with friends on the Infinity experienced the green glow as well. It became a comical topic of discusssion at dinner. Our friend in cabin 2175 said it was so bright, it was almost like having a night light in the bathroom. For any future passengers, deck 2 cabins are very noisy. We must be located over a work area and were woke up several nights by loud banging noises. Dispite this, the Infinity is tops when it comes to food and service. Only down point of the cruise was the Skagway Extravaganza tour which was way overpriced.

The green glow that you all see is the plankton in water...a very normal occurrance.

Theres plankton in the toilets??:confused:

I missed the green glow on our Infinity cruise, maybe they should mark this in the daily activity sheet:D

Reports are that some see it sometimes, others don't, even on the same ship. Glo (well thats a new word for it) probably associated with whether the Jolly Green Giant is staying in your cabin section. I'd suggest not checking for the glo???

• 1 month later...

I would like to report that I have finally seen the "glow". I actually almost forgot all about it.

It was our last night on Summit or actually early morning. By divine intervention I woke up, looked at my travel alarm clock. It was 2:30 AM. I quickly jumped out of bed and went in the bathroom with the light off. Yes the toilet was glowing.

I can see how I've missed in in years past as I always turn the light on before I go into the bathroom and since I am a woman, well you know. I'm not really standing there looking down.

Anne Maria

that is the high pressure jet of water going thru the sewerage system from 2-6AM that causes the green glow.

Yes, you must be inthe dark bathroom & raise the lid or have it up when you turn the light off. Can't really read the paper to it but it is green & noticeable.

Very entertaining to have half the ship running up to me stating that they saww it during the 2nd week of the cruise after I asked the Captain at his meeting what it was & only the Hotel Mgr knew the answer.

that is the high pressure jet of water going thru the sewerage system from 2-6AM that causes the green glow.

Yes, you must be inthe dark bathroom & raise the lid or have it up when you turn the light off. Can't really read the paper to it but it is green & noticeable.

Very entertaining to have half the ship running up to me stating that they saw it during the 2nd week of the cruise after I asked the Captain at his meeting what it was & only the Hotel Mgr knew the answer.

Archived