Sensation...smooth sailing?

SusanMelody

I live in NJ and my kids are off from school 11/10-13. Due to those time constraints I am seriously considering the Sensation out of NOLA 11/10-14. There are two "fun" days at sea and one stop in Cozumel. I have sailed on the Nordic Empress, Adventure of the Seas, sovereign of the Seas, and the Inspiration(10 years ago...don't remember much) I have a few questions...

1. Will there be things for 2 teens to do on the "fun" days at sea? Are there mini golf, volley ball, teen clubs/activities?

2. Is it rougher sailing due to an older ship and the Gulf of Mexico?

3. Are there sporty things to do on the ship (like the Voyager Class on RCCI) for my DH and my DS14?

4. How's the spa?

I am also considering Sovereign of the Seas (RCCI), but can only take a 3 night cruise out of cape Canaveral. Like the ship, dislike the itinerary, and I am used to 7 day itineraries, so 4 nights on Sensation is the shortest cruise I can imagine.

Thank you

Susan

I live in NJ and my kids are off from school 11/10-13. Due to those time constraints I am seriously considering the Sensation out of NOLA 11/10-14. There are two "fun" days at sea and one stop in Cozumel. I have sailed on the Nordic Empress, Adventure of the Seas, sovereign of the Seas, and the Inspiration(10 years ago...don't remember much) I have a few questions...

1. Will there be things for 2 teens to do on the "fun" days at sea? Are there mini golf, volley ball, teen clubs/activities?

2. Is it rougher sailing due to an older ship and the Gulf of Mexico?

3. Are there sporty things to do on the ship (like the Voyager Class on RCCI) for my DH and my DS14?

4. How's the spa?

I am also considering Sovereign of the Seas (RCCI), but can only take a 3 night cruise out of cape Canaveral. Like the ship, dislike the itinerary, and I am used to 7 day itineraries, so 4 nights on Sensation is the shortest cruise I can imagine.

Thank you

Susan

There isn't any mini golf maybe volleyball but I don't recall seeing it and I can speak to the teen activities(I passed that stage a few years back;) ) We sailed Sensation in Oct and while I did notice some motion it wasn't at all bad. Sporty things to do I guess you are talking about rock climbing and such .... no Sensation doesn't have those and neither I nor DW visited the spa. But we can tell you that the Sensation is a very nice, clean, and well staffed ship that I'm sure you will have a great time on. Which ever you chose have a great time.

It isn't the Gulf, but the Mississippi River that can be a bit rough....not really too bad though. Once you're out of the mouth of the river, it gets better. I was on the Sensation in November. Nice ship, very neon-y purple, which some folks like. The staff and crew were very attentive, the food was very good, and the ship is kept in great condition, very clean, and the bedding is fairly new, and very comfy.

I don't have teens, so I can't comment on activities. I do know there's a teen get-together at the beginning of the cruise. There's a golf pro on board for lessons, but not sure about mini-golf. Theres's an arcade. One thing I know - they'll love the 24 hour pizzeria!:)

I was on the Sensation in May. There was very little movement. Can't tell you about teen activity, but the gym was great! Lots of tread mills, elliptical machines and weight training in addition to other similary type equipment.

The Sensation was our first family cruise. Our whole extened family went. With kids ages 6-19. EVERY one of those kids had a great time. Til this day if you asked what was your favirtoe vacation that cruise will always come up in a conversation.

Archived