NCL or Royal Caribbean?

Jotravelnut21

Alg7334 thats horrible! They lucky I not there because I would of given a comment right back to them. I also would of requested a change of table stating to the maitre d' how rude they were to your husband.

You always get people like that everywhere unfortunately. I been on so many RC ships and never had any problems with people. Don't let that scare you away from RC try it again.

On NCL which place is the best place that offers the best lunch?

Alg7334 thats horrible! They lucky I not there because I would of given a comment right back to them. I also would of requested a change of table stating to the maitre d' how rude they were to your husband.

You always get people like that everywhere unfortunately. I been on so many RC ships and never had any problems with people. Don't let that scare you away from RC try it again.

On NCL which place is the best place that offers the best lunch?

Aww wish you had been there!! I will probably give RCL another chance eventually but right now I'm enjoying NCL so much! The food is all delicious but I usually eat lunch in the MDR because they have the BEST baked potato soup ever!! YUM! I really enjoy dinner at La Cucina too - the tomato-mozzarella is amazing!

Hello alg,

Trust me if I was there I would of said something in your behalf of what happened.

I definately will try the potato soup, when does NCL offer lunch in the MDR sea days I would assume and not port days?

I love RC but I have a feeling after going on the Breakaway my next cruise may just be another NCL. :p

We just took over first NCL Cruise on the EPIC in January after many wonderful cruises with RCL. We really enjoyed it and actually found the wavy staterooms to be a refreshing change from a typical cabin. Bathroom set up was different but doable.

We had very good dining experiences in MDR but for one night.

I tried the EPIC due to its entertainment options like BLUEMAN, legends, Howl at the moon and found them to be a nice change from a traditional cruise show schedule.

We are also in our 50s.... With grown kids but also prefer an adult seating area. We weren't fans on spice aft seating and pool but LOVED deck 18 forward adults only lounge area. No pool but superb views, quiet and comfy loungers!!

I recommend trying the EPIC!

Hey Karen

You may have seen by now that we took the plunge and booked the Epic. We sail from Barcelona on July 21st.

The deck 18 forward lounge you mentioned... is it one of the paying areas?

J.

RCL drinks prices may be high but they are made with the proper amount of alcohol in them. On another line, the drink prices are lower but they were watered down....so, you get what you pay for.

NCL makes very strong drinks! In fact the last time I was on a cruise with them my rum drink was so strong I couldn't drink it and had to give it to my husband! :)

Which line waters down? Never had that happen on NCL as you state. Or on HAL. RC just a lot more expensive and no happy hours on the cruise we took. May be a long 28 days coming up in April with them, lol.

Hello Hockiepoq,

What time are the 2 for 1? Thats great NCL offers that.

I not sure whether it pays for me to get the drink package can anybody helps us?

I think it varies by ship. I can only recall details for our last cruise which was the Dawn in January. Before dinner for about two hours, the sports bar had 2:1. The Star bar had their happy hour starting around 6 and ending at 7 I think. Both were crowded (naturally, lol) and we settled in the martini 2:1 at the Star Bar up on top. Met some nice folks at the Star Bar and sat with them several nights. Lots of fun!

I think there are two differences between the lines as i've recently cruised on both in the past 12 months.

The RCL ships are more grand in appeareance. They tend to have royal prominades and a wow factor. Otherwise, after that initial wow they ae generally comparable in appearance.

Also the food is hands over fist better and more abundant on RCL unless you are willing to pay for it on NCL. What I mean is that on RCL there are things not on the "free" menu only available in one of the pay restaurants on NCL. Shrimp cocktails, escargot, osso buco, sushi, to name a few for example. Also things like the NY Sirloin on the everyday "free" menu is thin like the size of a breakfast ham whereas on RCL its thickness is normal in size and preparation.

The above is a quote....not sure why it didn't come through that way.

Wow do I ever disagree about the food. We have only been on one RCCL cruise but the food on that one was the worst food we've ever had on any cruise ship we've ever sailed on. People at our table sent food back several times. The beef was inedible and I'm not picky. Some at our table complained to the head waiter and he said the recipes were fleetwide. I sure hope not as we are going on another RCCL cruise. We've never had a bad meal on NCL. I'm talking MDR, not just the specialties. We choose for price and itinerary and would make the choice on that basis. I'd sail on NCL every time if we could but they don't go everywhere we want to cruise.

...a mistake i made...ya didn't copy and paste the end quotes. :eek:

moose

Archived