Poor management of the triplets

baytraller

I hope they don't go the azipods route. Too many problems with azipods.

Well there were teething problems like with any new technology but my understanding of the matter it is all under control now.

I gather Carnival had an Azipod failure but still more or less finished the Cruise missing one port.

Still Carnivals track record is poor and they probably forget to put oil in or something to do with maintenance.

Time will tell on that one.

Still compared to the Boeing 787 (Still Asleep and Dreaming) ABB and Rolls Royce are far better companies .

u really need to know the density of your specific lot of fuel (and temperature at which it is measured or referred to).

Petrol engineering is way beyond my lowly salesman’s pay grade.

For sake of discussion regarding fuel efficiency of the little sister v. Odyssey class vessels, one ought compare same itinerary, conditions and fuel constant (e.g; weather, sea, air temp, fuel density...).

The thread makes the assertion "bad management" is why the little sista’s were sold.

I believe the little sisters were sold for several good business decisions and regardless that many of us will sorely miss them:

1. They’ve outdated designs in regards to marketing and cruise pricing versus other premium cruise line ship comfort amenities passengers want

2. They’re outdated regarding Dept. of Health, safety and environmental issues entering some ports and thus why these ships now have limited niche markets where they can still legally and profitably operate

3. Maintenance for older vessels is higher and one reason major cruise lines expect only a about a dozen year’s useful life from newly built ships.

4. The cost for fuel (arguably the biggest shipboard expense) is not viable to maintain little sister world-wide itineraries competing against more efficient fuel usage vessels (e.g; Odyssey class)

The fuel question (#3 above) is fascinating for a few of us to ponder; if in fact there is a significant fuel cost savings with the larger Odyssey class vessels which are newer by nearly 3 decades design and technology?

___‹~›__‹(•¿•)›__‹~›___

Archived