Pearl - No cruises February 2014?

jarz85

Hi, I'm looking to book the Pearl for January 2014. However, looking at her schedule it seems there are no cruises at all during February? Does this mean she is going into dry dock or something? I'm just concerned that if it is dry dock in February, that it will not be in the best condition in January!?

Hi, I'm looking to book the Pearl for January 2014. However, looking at her schedule it seems there are no cruises at all during February? Does this mean she is going into dry dock or something? I'm just concerned that if it is dry dock in February, that it will not be in the best condition in January!?

Charters!

"To accommodate Norwegian Getaway’s arrival in January, the company is modifying the itineraries of its existing ships in Miami during that time. Beginning February 2, 2014, Norwegian Epic will depart Miami on Sundays and sail a Western Caribbean itinerary. Ports of call include: Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. Norwegian Sun will now depart Miami on her 10 and 11-day Southern Caribbean itineraries a day later than scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays. Norwegian Pearl, which had been scheduled to depart Miami on Sundays will be chartered from January 19 to March 21, 2014. In addition, four new seven-day Western Caribbean itineraries will be added on March 21, March 28, April 4 and April 11, 2014."

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread. Thumbs up to the search feature on the boards.

I was wondering where the Pearl disappeared to. Who is chartering her?

Sixthman is using the Pearl for its music cruise lineup - most of which occur between mid-January and mid-March.

• 4 months later...

I just recently booked the Pearl March 11, 2014 does anyone know if these cruises were just returned to NCL, and why there is just about every cabin available? There is a March 16 cruise also showing available

Just found this thread. Thumbs up to the search feature on the boards.

I was wondering where the Pearl disappeared to. Who is chartering her?

I'm on the Country Cruising with Trace Adkins on the Pearl...January 12-19th, out of Miami.

From Cruisemates site. Also links to press release from NCL which has been excluded.

"Norwegian Buys Sixthman Productionsby Paul Motter | 07.26.12

NCL acquired the most prolific music theme cruise production company last February - but didn't tell anyone!

Talk about one of the most understated major developments in cruising ever barely announced... Norwegian Cruise Line fully acquired Atlanta-based music cruise producers Sixthman Productions last February 21 - but they never formally announced the acquisition.

The news of the buyout came in an industry newsletter called "Cruise week" which usually goes just to travel agents and media. And oddly, it was not treated with the level of surprise I personally feel about this turn of events.

I emailed NCL to ask if it was true and the response I received from one of the company's public relations representatives said "I can confirm that the relationship we announced in February was in fact a purchase of the company. We are also very excited. All of the details remain the same as they were in the original release, which I have reattached for your reference."

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this almost a month old thread.

An above post mentioned the charter of the Pearl begins on the 19th of January. The only cruise I can see for the Pearl is a 7 day Western Caribbean that begins on the 5th and ends on the 12th.

There's a week missing in there. Do they take a week and clear her up? Or am I missing something?

Also, that cruise W. Carib. cruise on the 5th seems very reasonably priced, especially for the higher-end suites. And it seems like there is still quite a lot of available cabins. Is there a reason for this? Is this a cruise to be avoided?

I've read a few times that the last cruise before dry-dock and/or crew changeover can be, ummmm, problematic. Perhaps due to the upcoming charter of the Pearl, people are thinking that as well?

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated, please and thank you. We're looking for a cruise in January or February, and taking a 7 day Pearl and another 7 day immediately afterward on another ship might just work perfectly for us.

Do not ber surprise if the Pearl is chartered out to SixthMan for an additional 4-6 music charters (3-5 days) during the fall of 2014

Great business move on the part of NCL...would not be surprise if Carnival and Royal Caribbean di not follow them...it cuts out the middle guy

Archived