Balcony Cabins on Jewel

ldarcy

We are new to Norwegian - have cruised on Carnival and RCL in the past. Can anyone tell me how the balcony staterooms compare? From the pictures, it looks like the Jewel rooms are much smaller with less storage room than the others. Has anyone been on both and can give me a good comparison?

Thanks!

ldarcy

The balcony cabins on most cruise lines are close to the same in size with in 10 to 20 sq feet of each other. Square footage's are usually available on each cruise company's online ship descriptions as size will vary by ship too.

Carnival's staterooms are the largest in the industry. NCL's will be smaller.

Maybe but I doubt it, and they are liable to leave you stranded in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.:eek: HAL claims they have the largest in the industry BTW.

Maybe but I doubt it, and they are liable to leave you stranded in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.:eek: HAL claims they have the largest in the industry BTW.

Actually, room sizes will vary somewhat according to the class of the ship. Most cabins on the Carnival Fantasy Class for example, are 185 sq ft, both insides and OV. Bottom line, Carnival cabins are significantly larger than those on RCCI with the possible exception of some very high end suites.

Take a look at this as well -

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/carnival-cruise-stateroom-categories-explained-17585.html

I believe Holland America's standard insides come in at 182 square feet.

Actually, room sizes will vary somewhat according to the class of the ship. Most cabins on the Carnival Fantasy Class for example, are 185 sq ft, both insides and OV. Bottom line, Carnival cabins are significantly larger than those on RCCI with the possible exception of some very high end suites.

Take a look at this as well -

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/carnival-cruise-stateroom-categories-explained-17585.html

I believe Holland America's standard insides come in at 182 square feet.

But the OP asked about balcony cabins not inside or OV. The Fantasy class ships have no balcony cabins.

But the OP asked about balcony cabins not inside or OV. The Fantasy class ships have no balcony cabins.

The USA Today link has the other square footages. I stand by what I saw originally. Carnival's cabins are considered to be the largest in the industry. Not just insides, all categories.

The USA Today link has the other square footages. I stand by what I saw originally. Carnival's cabins are considered to be the largest in the industry. Not just insides, all categories.

You are right CCL is on average about 20sq feet larger for balcony cabins and RCL is about 10 sq feet larger than NCL. However if you compare prices on most NCL cruises side by side to RCL and CCL a NCL Mini Suite Balcony is about the same price as the other superior or deluxe balcony cabins. The NCL Mini suites are much larger too. It also looks like NCL has larger balconies in most categories too.

For the OP here is a non biased web site that gives cabin sizes on most cruise ships with actual cabin size and balcony size listed separately.

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/DP/Site/index.php

Archived