What is included in the Soda Package?

happy cruzer

I copied the following from Sarafina' thread (great service to us all, thanks.)

Soda package $7 per day unlimited

Package selections include; Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Seagram's Tonic Water, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Sprite Zero, Barqs, Canada Dry club soda

At any bar, lounge or restaurant

Price each soda; $2

Anyone have any drinks to add? Do you get certain ones only in a glass? Can you get them all in unopened cans so you can have them when you want in your cabin?

Is there a canned lemon drink such as bitter lemon or lemonade? Or canned tea drinks?

Thanks!

Hey there...

All pop is given in cans.

Any bar/lounge/MDR gives them out as such.

There is lemonade and Ice tea available for free in the buffet and grill restaurants.

You can get only one at a time, and they will scan your card EACH time.

I used to get a couple extra cans during the day.

and when we boarded the ship I asked that they empty our fridge so I could just keep the extra cans in there without trouble.

Don't use the ones IN your cabin when you get there as they don't count on your card.. so you will be charged. The same goes for if you order room service, if they bring you one, you will be charged.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply. And the reminder to empty the fridge. I had forgotten that could be an issue.

We have been on another line where all non alcholic beverages were included and we drank mainly club soda and bitter lemon. The lemonade is very sweet in the buffet and probably does not have lemon in it :). We do have a bit of it occasionally but not our first choice.

Thanks for the update.

Hey there...

All pop is given in cans.

Any bar/lounge/MDR gives them out as such.

There is lemonade and Ice tea available for free in the buffet and grill restaurants.

You can get only one at a time, and they will scan your card EACH time.

I used to get a couple extra cans during the day.

and when we boarded the ship I asked that they empty our fridge so I could just keep the extra cans in there without trouble.

Don't use the ones IN your cabin when you get there as they don't count on your card.. so you will be charged. The same goes for if you order room service, if they bring you one, you will be charged.

Hope that helps.

Does that mean that they will give you unopened cans?

thank you

thank you

My husband's experience is that typically they open the can for you and sometimes they don't.

But if he didn't want it opened, he would tell them and they didn't open it.

Seems like a whole lot of words to answer your simple question! I hope it makes sense.;)

Thank you for the great idea of asking the room steward to empty the refrigerator at the beginning of the cruise! We buy the soda package and do not use any of the pre-stocked soda or alcohol in the frig. On our last cruise, maintenance people came in to paint the balcony and we were surprised to notice that some of the liquor from the frig. disappeared. Our steward was happy to replace it and we were not charged.

You should know, however, that the items taken from the fridge when you ask the steward to empty it might be stored within your cabin somewhere, perhaps under the bed, or at the top of the closet or above the TV (M-class ships). This often comes as a surprise when it happens.

thank you

Asking at Cafe Al Bacio on S-Class ships for a soda 'to go' will certainly get you unopened cans.

We've not tried it at other bars but I don't see why they wouldn't provide unopened cans if asked.

thank you

On the Silhouette they never opened the cans. I was trying to stretch my manicure to last three weeks so there was no way I was going to pop one of those tabs myself :rolleyes:. I always had to ask them to do it, it was never automatic.

Can you get water as part of this package?

No. The soda package is just for soda. If you want bottles water you can buy it individually by the bottle, purchase a bottled water package or either the classic or premium beverage package. Tap water is available at no extra charge.

Copied from celebritycruises.com

"Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water."

"Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water."

The OP is asking about the Soda Package, not the Classic or Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Different offerings.

The Soda Package covers a variety of carbonated beverages, but not bottled water.

The Classic and Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage packages include bottled waters, and smoothies, as listed by Miklinga

Archived