Cosol or Sandals?

JMCRUZIN

My husband and I are trying to decide between Cosol Tours and a day pass to Sandals Grande St. Lucia. Thoughts please!! :confused:

Cosol's tour, hands down. No question about it. You can lie on a beahc anywhere, but only one place in the world to see the Pitons, visit the drive in volcano, etc- and that's St. Lucia. the tour is excellent, you won't regret it.

Just got back from a cruise . . . did Cosol Tours . . . hands down this was the best tour I've been on . . . towards the end of the day on the drive back you may nod off and it is a bit long, but well worth the time and money for this tour.

In no small part because of Cosol Tours my wife and I have fell in love with St. Lucia -- both the island beauty and its people.

Hi

How much is the Cosol tour per person - we are coming as a family of 5 on the Canival Valor. 1st stop is St Lucia.

I just checked their website and it says $65 per person. Does include some food and drinks. I'm a family of 5 also visiting in January 2014 on the Valor so costs is important to me also.

Well , I will say this as we have done the southern route mutliple times. Its very port intensive, if you book this type of tour every stop you will be exhausted at the end of your cruise. Yes his tour is all what they say, we have done ,its a do no miss once but also a VERY long tiring day. So beaches are a nice break as well , Sandals looks lovely we are considering this ourselves. Its all in what you want, I am not a believer in the " you can lie on a beach anywhere " philosophy its your vacation these are beautiful islands so we love to do the beach scene , we are in to relaxtion as well. I would think you will come back some day so IMHO dont try to do it all in one cruise.

We did the Cosol tour few weeks ago and it was great. For $65pp it is a great deal. Cosol was waiting for us at the port with his air conditionned van and his big smile. He is very organized and he is so knowledgeable of the island. He is well known and well respected from everyone in St.Lucia as he contributes in many ways to this beautiful island.

We stopped for breakfast at a beautiful viewpoint and a local lady had prepared all kind of wonderful local food. Later in the day we stopped for warm bread and local cheese. It was so yummy! We had several stops for pictures and time for a drink (rum, beer, soft drinks and water) and to buy local crafts. All the entrance fees are included in the price as well as the boat to go to Jalousie beach. At the end of the day we felt that we learned a great deal about St-Lucia, we had done so many activities and we had seen a huge part of the island. We were back at the ship at 3pm and the ship was departing at 5, so don't worry you will be back on time. Go for Cosol.

We have been to St Lucia twice...first time we did the Cosol tour, second time we went to Sandals Grande. I would recommend Cosol tour on your first trip there. The island is so beautiful and Cosol puts on one heckuva sightseeing tour. This time we just wanted a day to relax and I personally wanted GOOD food!!! The food on our cruise ship was just so-so for me and we are fans of all-inclusive resorts and wanted to check this one out for a possible future stay. Beautiful resort.

Thanks for all of the great advice and reviews. We booked Cosol :)

I'm late to the party but you did what I would have suggested! We did Cosol in 2010 and our whole group agreed it was one of the best excursions we'd been on!

I know this is the wrong forum, but since people are actually responding here....does anyone have some advice for a beach day in Barbados?

Accra/Rockely would get my vote loved it , go to the end there is a nice Bar called Bar Kanei very nice bar they have chairs serve drinks have nice facilties . It used to be very private , but I have heard they had been attracting new buisness so not as private as it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

firefighterjake,

We are taking a cruise out of San Juan on the Valor in May. I just read your review and it really helped us gain a little insight on what we are to expect. This will be our second cruise and I was just wondering if the staterooms were open when you boarded the Valor for you cruise. I was thinking that they may be open since boarding isn't until around 2pm or so but on our last cruise the rooms didn't open until about 3 hours prior to sailing. Also, I believe I read that you boarded the ship and got back off to go explore so more...I'm hoping that is the case since the Valor doesn't set sail until 10pm. It would be nice to be able to get off of the boat to spend a little more time in OSJ.

Thank you for your response!

Archived