Recommendations needed for tour

tiff123

Hahahaha.... I'm glad my recommendation was worth it! My wife and I are actually thinking of going back for our 1st Anniversary

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

well that would be well worth it. I had been to St. Kitts many years ago and stayed for a week at the Marriott - loved it.

are you the same person from tripadvisor that left Ian a great review?

well that would be well worth it. I had been to St. Kitts many years ago and stayed for a week at the Marriott - loved it.

are you the same person from tripadvisor that left Ian a great review?

I did leave a review just recently on tripadvisor and added a few photos.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Are there any tours that include snacks/meals? If not, are there places to eat along the way?

Royston's tour included a choice of chicken or a conch roti. For what he charges, you really can't beat it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are there any tours that include snacks/meals? If not, are there places to eat along the way?

Royston's tour included a choice of chicken or a conch roti. For what he charges, you really can't beat it!

Agreed--the roti were a nice snack. Royston also had a cooler stocked with Caribe beer and local sodas (there were grapefruit ones and pear ones, among others). I'm sure if you asked him, he would stop for additional snacks along the way. He did stop at a little stand for us to taste some little coconut "cookies" (they were more of a sugary confection) that we could have purchased. He also cut sugar cane, but that was for the donkeys!

Having used Thenford Gray a few years back I have to say he is one of the finest tour operators we have enjoyed anywhere. However other than bottled water he provides nothing other than the tour and his vast knowledge. Having said that he will drop you at Reggae Beach where you can swim, sun, have some adults beverages and enjoy some island cuisine (or cuisine maybe overstating it a bit) but it is all good.:)

• 1 month later...
Thenford's ''The Tour'' does not visit Black Rocks which then suggests you want to do a full circle tour of St. Kitts.

The full island tour which you can pay USD 20 per person at the port is a tour of the City with stops at Romney/Caribelle - 30 mins, Brimstone Fortress - 45 mins ( you pay your own entrance fee of USD 8 (adult price) and stop at Black Rocks and scenic drive around the island.

To go to the beach would be an extra charge on top; -

Frigate Bay - for 1 -4 persons roundtrip is USD 24

South Friar's as above round trip is USD 32

Cocklelshell round trip is USD 56

Just make sure you tell the taxi dispatcher you want to do all the stops on the island tour and they will put you in a taxi with others who want to do the same thing. Not everyone wants to visit Brimstone Fortress.

Most tour operators can customize a tour for you but the fee will be much higher.

Intersted in this tour. How do we identify which taxi's offer this? How many do they require to get this rate?

We toured with Royston and had an amazing day. His tour was the least expensive of all the tours we did on our trip and honestly, it was worth much more than we paid. St. Kitts was the highlight of our trip.

His cousin Ashton is great, but we chose to ride in Royston's van to be a little more adventurous. The heat was not an issue because the breeze coming through (the windows he removed) was enough to keep us cool. He IS adventurous though, I will warn you! I am kind of afraid of heights and we were on some roads that scared the daylights out of me! It was worth it though, because we got some views and pictures that I don't think we would have gotten with another tour. :D

• 3 weeks later...
This sounds like something we would be interested in doing, however, we will be a group of 16. Does anyone know of a tour operator that could accommodate a larger group. We will be in St. Kitts in october of 2014.

What ship are you on? I'm looking also- Brilliance out of Boston Oct 26th? Looks like we are looking at the same things.