Where to buy bajan seasonings

xcal185

I was wondering if there are any stores or supermarkets close to pier where you might be able to buy local spices or seasonings.

Thanks

Brian

Right in the terminal there was at least one kiosk/table set up in the center that was selling Bajan hot sauces and seasonings. The "delish" sauce that was served with our chicken on our excursion was for sale there for 2 bottles for $6 USD. It is very "delish" if you like hot sauces.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if there are any stores or supermarkets close to pier where you might be able to buy local spices or seasonings.

Thanks

Brian

There is a supermarket only about 5-7 mins walk outside the terminal that stocks many brands of pepper sauce and spices. It is on the left and next to the Bus Terminal. You cannot miss it or simply ask any local and they will gladly show you.

• 2 weeks later...
Devonstar, you are very helpful!

Is it safe to walk to the grocery store? ===> Yes.. just leave all your bling on board! Seriously.

Are the prices and brands better? ===> This is a very local supermarket

Do you recommend a certain brand for the spices?

DELISH is a well-known brand of seasoning, and it comes in peppery and non-peppery varieties.

Unless you're from Jalipeno Country

I'd suggest the non-peppery which is full of flavour, just not-Hot!

That's the one my wife buys. ;)

Devonstar, you are very helpful! Is it safe to walk to the grocery store? Are the prices and brands better? Do you recommend a certain brand for the spices? Thank you so much.

Yes it is very safe to walk to the grocery store. Exit the terminal thru the yellow and blue gate in a southerly direction until you see the fish market. Get on the pedestrian crossing and extend one of you arms horizontally. This is an indication that you want the motorist to stop for you to cross and they will stop. Once you cross, voila. You are there. My favorite brand is ECAF. This packs a good sting if you want it spicy

Archived