Labadee Cabanas

gelo7

Barefoot Beach is for suite guests only, so if you would like a cabana and are in a suite, you can email the concierge and let him/her know you would like one.

if not in a suite, the choice is nellie's beach, and yes they go quickly. If they are open to book under your shore excursion page, I would do so asap.

Barefoot Beach is for suite guests only, so if you would like a cabana and are in a suite, you can email the concierge and let him/her know you would like one.

if not in a suite, the choice is nellie's beach, and yes they go quickly. If they are open to book under your shore excursion page, I would do so asap.

Thanks, for your quick response.

On my cruise I waited until we boarded and was the first person to talk to the concierge and they only had two left. It was on allure so a lot of suite guests with a full ship. I will say going into it I really wanted a over the water and endd up with a hillside and just loved it. There wasn't a lot of steps but it had a good amount of shade and sun along with a great views. They really do make for a relaxing day.

On my cruise I waited until we boarded and was the first person to talk to the concierge and they only had two left. It was on allure so a lot of suite guests with a full ship. I will say going into it I really wanted a over the water and endd up with a hillside and just loved it. There wasn't a lot of steps but it had a good amount of shade and sun along with a great views. They really do make for a relaxing day.

"Not a lot of steps"..maybe not to you but other's should be aware that there are and they are very steep and uneven..We had H5..loved it !!!

"Not a lot of steps"..maybe not to you but other's should be aware that there are and they are very steep and uneven..We had H5..loved it !!!

We had the middle one of the group of three. They are a little steep but they are wide and my 85yr old grandma didn't have a issue. I guess my a lot of steps and others maybe different but either way it was a good spot for us and not for everyone.

How about the regular beach cabanas - the only ones left when I booked for an April cruise,

worth it??? Are they right on the beach with everyone and their loungers or is there a bit of privacy and most imp't, shade?

Thanks!

I just read this incredible detailed review with great pictures on the cabanas on Nellies Beach. We had one on Barefoot Beach last time (we were in the Ben & Jerry Sweet). Only suite guests were allowed on the beach area itself.

Do they limit who goes onto Nellies Beach? or just limit those that get the special lunch?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

I just read this incredible detailed review with great pictures on the cabanas on Nellies Beach. We had one on Barefoot Beach last time (we were in the Ben & Jerry Sweet). Only suite guests were allowed on the beach area itself.

Do they limit who goes onto Nellies Beach? or just limit those that get the special lunch?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

Hi Lookingforward! I think we are on the same April 24 GOS cruise!..I saw these photos/report and it was a fabulous report.....I am curious if anyone has actual pics of the "plain ole beach cabanas"; not overwater (which I would LOVE) or Hill - not available when I booked.

Anyone?:o

Hi Lookingforward! I think we are on the same April 24 GOS cruise!..I saw these photos/report and it was a fabulous report.....I am curious if anyone has actual pics of the "plain ole beach cabanas"; not overwater (which I would LOVE) or Hill - not available when I booked.

Anyone?:o

I had some beach cabana pics in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1682591

Melbur, THANK you....just what I wanted to see....though I could not get Hilltop or Overwater, I much rather be in the Cabana rather than the beach.....

avoid the wall to wall crowds, sun, etc.

Though I really would love a hilltop too. Oh well, happy I got one. Its a special day for my cabin mate and I am surprising her with it. Big Birthday!

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Just booked my Nellies over the water cabana for my 2014 Oasis cruise tonight. Can someone explain the difference between the three Nellies cabins? Hillside I guess I get but from the RCI descriptions and photos they all look the same. Any other info would be appreciated. The photos look amazing.

We haven't been to Labaddee since they put in the cabanas. We are going to be there on our 17 Mar 13 cruise and have a question concerning price. We are in a GS so understand we will be on Barefoot Beach. I've found postings saying they are $200 and others saying they are free to Suite guests. Can someone confirm? Also read that there is an upgraded buffett. Can someone tell me "what" it's upgraded with???

Thanks a bunch...

We haven't been to Labaddee since they put in the cabanas. We are going to be there on our 17 Mar 13 cruise and have a question concerning price. We are in a GS so understand we will be on Barefoot Beach. I've found postings saying they are $200 and others saying they are free to Suite guests. Can someone confirm? Also read that there is an upgraded buffett. Can someone tell me "what" it's upgraded with???

Thanks a bunch...

The cabanas on Barefoot are not free, but reserved for suite guests. As I recall there was a recent increase - $250 for OW, $225 ht and $175 beach.

the upgraded buffet consists of steak and shrimp . . which you don't get in the regular buffet.

Thanks a bunch...

Apparently (wont know for sure until next week when we find out :) ) the upgraded buffet includes things like steak and shrimp among other things. I don't think they are free but in any event they are probably gone now considering your cruise is under a month away.

Previous posters are corrected in saying the beach area at Barefoot is free for suite guests but the cabanas are not. I can't remember what I have paid but it is in the $200 range and the fee depends on the type you choose. There are hillside, beachfront, and over-the-water cabanas.

The Cabanas are all the same design no matter where it is located, Nellies or Barefoot Beach, hillside, over the water, or beach. It is just the locations of the cabanas that differs. Several posts have nice pictues of the layout of the cabanas. There is lots of shady places on Labadee. You do not have to pay for a cabana to get a spot in the shade. I have to say, though, the overhead fan in the cabanas is really nice.

Our last 2 Visits to Barefoot Beach we had a over the water Cabana....

We e-mailed the Concierge about 2-3 weeks prior to our cruise to reserve...he did not respond until the cruise prior to ours...

First night of the cruise when we introduced ourselves to the Concierge, and confirmed our reservation, we learned ALL the Cabana's on Barefoot were taken, and we were the only ship there...Explorer....

We will be in Labadee again this upcoming cruise, and although we are in a GS, we have decided not to get a Cabana at all....we'll spend the morning there, then after lunch, go explore the entire area, jet skis, dragon coaster, etc....

We have found that when you invest the $$ for the Cabana, as nice as it is, we felt obligated to stay there all day so as not to waste the $$....

Once or twice was fine....this time we want to do other things....

Archived