Next cruise certificate?

racnwdow

I guess I don't quite understand the Next Cruise Certificate. We got one while on board AOS this last week. Made a reservation yesterday for IOS with the one certificate with no additional deposit and no mention of an additional deposit amount due. And I thought we had a green light go reservation. Last night I noticed a discrepency in what our outstanding balance and total owed was...

Purchased Package Total*: $200,621.64 USD

Outstanding Balance*: $200,521.64 USD

I called today to find out why the wierd balance. I was informed that I still had to put another $100 down to hold the room because there are two of us in the room and my room is only held until Friday and it goes back into available status is we do not pay the additional $100. I guess I don't understand why no one mentioned this prior to my call back. It seems like yesterday's call should have told me.

I guess I don't quite understand the Next Cruise Certificate. We got one while on board AOS this last week. Made a reservation yesterday for IOS with the one certificate with no additional deposit and no mention of an additional deposit amount due. And I thought we had a green light go reservation. Last night I noticed a discrepency in what our outstanding balance and total owed was...

I called today to find out why the wierd balance. I was informed that I still had to put another $100 down to hold the room because there are two of us in the room and my room is only held until Friday and it goes back into available status is we do not pay the additional $100. I guess I don't understand why no one mentioned this prior to my call back. It seems like yesterday's call should have told me.

If you originally put down $100 for the NC, then you would have to put down another $100 if you added a second guest to the booking. If you initially put down $200 on the NC, then no additional funds are necessary until final payment date.

The only exception to this is if you booked a Grand Suite or better, in which case full deposits are required.

The certificates are $100 to purchase and that $100 gets applied as the deposit for the booking in the name of the certificate holder. To add another guest you get the benefit of the reduced $100 deposit but for every name added you have to pay the additional $100pp.

This information is clearly indicated on the Next Cruise Certificates I have received:

Payment deposit of $100 is due person is due at time of booking and is non-refundable balance of full deposit will be due when final payment is made

What's another $100 anyways when you still have: Outstanding Balance*: $200,521.64 USD ;)

To tell you the truth, with that balance I'd just cancel the cruise and stay home.:eek::p

Archived