Convince my travel group PLEASE

Kaboochi

I'm pretty sure he/she was joking because of the use of the word "farty". I would have gotten a little laugh out of this comment instead of thinking it was rude. The poster was just using the pull my finger as a joke...don't look to much into it it's not worth it. I honestly don't think he was being rude at all

Cruise Critics has a rule that a member can't insult or embarrass another member. OP ignores that. File a complaint with the moderator. It worked wonders when I got insulted.

Am I the only one that read that post as an attempt at humor:confused: I didn't think it was meant to insult anyone.

To the OP, I don't know how your group normally chooses your cruise but I would make a list of Pro's and Con's of each of your choices and then go over them with the group. Present your case as to why you think NCL is the right choice.

I came here for rah rah posts about ncl to convince my group and I get the comment "pull my finger". I don't get it. CC is where I have come to for 9 years for help and this the first rude comment ever.

Ok, let me ask my question again. Please post reasons to sail ncl. Please no bashing, just wonderful comments. I love cruising ncl and our group leader, who had a bad experience years ago needs to be convinced. Help me out POSITIVE ncl cruisers. Others, please, no comments, especially "pull my finger" boy. Thank you all for your ehlp::)

Give me an N , Give me a C, Give me an L . :D:);)

Thank you. How do I post a complaint. I only wanted positive responses for our group of 20 to sail ncl. You know what though, this individual has no life and lives via negative cc posts.

Keep the positive posts coming, thank you all

I filed the complaint about insulting behavior against you. You don't remember calling me "dad" on this very thread. The moderator took your insult off the thread. I want the other member to file the complaint against you. That is his right. Your "rude" comment embarrassed him.

Good grief. I apologize. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. "Pull my finger"is an old joke that Fathers have played on Sons for generations. The Son pulls the Father's finger and the Father releases some gas. I thought everyone in the world knew that joke. Oh well, I apologize if I offended you.

I completed my 5th NCL cruise in January on the Dawn out of Tampa. We stayed in the garden villa (see review in my signature line). It was amazing!! There are 2 villas on this ship, each able to hold 8, so if you could book both of them, most of your group would be accommodated and you would have the most awesome time of your life!! (They will open the walls between the 2 villas if you book them both...one big huge party place!) I have also cruised the Dawn in a minisuite in 2005, as well as the Spirit, Sun, and Pearl. I loved them all. My first cruise was a Carnival cruise in 1988 and it was awful. I had sworn off cruising after that but decided to try again in 2005....so glad I did! Freestyle fits our family perfectly as we are not ones to usually stick to a schedule for meal times. We also don't like to dress formally for meals on vacation or sit with strangers. I am cruising again on Carnival Glory this July (I am very leary due to my first trip with Carnival, but price and itinerary won out so hoping for the best...but can't wait to get back to NCL...I feel like I'm cheating on them;)). I hope your group decides to go with NCL. I know they will love it!

"Farty" boat? Listen, I already apologized to you about that. You have a little responsibility in this episode, too. I didn't MAKE you pull my finger. I only asked you if you wanted to.

LOL... now THAT is funny!

I came here for rah rah posts about ncl to convince my group and I get the comment "pull my finger". I don't get it. CC is where I have come to for 9 years for help and this the first rude comment ever.

Ok, let me ask my question again. Please post reasons to sail ncl. Please no bashing, just wonderful comments. I love cruising ncl and our group leader, who had a bad experience years ago needs to be convinced. Help me out POSITIVE ncl cruisers. Others, please, no comments, especially "pull my finger" boy. Thank you all for your ehlp::)

WOW... you're now dictating who is allowed to post on CC? And calling OTHERS rude?

When you don't understand an expression or idiom, Google is a good way to find some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull_my_finger

Now, asking only for the positives about NCL?

1. It's the best cruiseline in the world.

2. Item # 1 is an exaggeration.

3. It's still very good.

Those are all positive assertions. Please feel free to use them as you require.

If you want HONEST indications of NCL, it's a good mass-market cruiseline which, like Avis, tries harder.

They're innovative, and friendly and are on a path of continual improvement.

That's what I like best about them.

Thank you. How do I post a complaint. I only wanted positive responses for our group of 20 to sail ncl. You know what though, this individual has no life and lives via negative cc posts.

Keep the positive posts coming, thank you all

Not sure I want to convince you to sail with NCL!;). I found the "pull my finger" remark pretty humorous, myself. And perhaps you really invited it after calling NCL "farty", after all, instead of just asking CC what they enjoyed about NCL.

OK, let's get this thread back on track.

OP, please read our review of the itinerary you are considering, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1779147

It is long and has lots of pictures. We were a group of 21 in in 9 cabins, most of them suites.

We talk about the group amenities we got, and how well we were treated, as well as some of the lesser experiences.

Please do join the roll call for your sailing if you should choose NCL, as NCL treats CC members very well, from the Meet & Greet to the bridge tours that are most often offered to CC's Meet & Greet members.

As stated on here already, just being a group gets you priviledges over and above standard passengers. I did not understand this the first time I was in a group, but do now. The Group Events Coordinator for our last cruise was wonderful, and always made herself available to help if we needed her.

The amenities we selected for our group was to have THREE one-hour open-bar cocktail parties, and we were treated so special that these gatherings were a high point of our cruise.

Once you are a group, you are given an amenity menu with choices based upon the number of cabins & points earned.

I hope this isn't too late for your group planning meeting. Good luck and happy sailing, whatever you choose to do.

I came here for help about ncl and thanks to many posters, i have info that I gave to our group. Thank you again. I have all the info I need so this thread is done for me. Happy cruising:)

OK' date=' let's get this thread back on track.

OP, please read our review of the itinerary you are considering, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1779147

It is long and has lots of pictures. We were a group of 21 in in 9 cabins, most of them suites.

We talk about the group amenities we got, and how well we were treated, as well as some of the lesser experiences.

Please do join the roll call for your sailing if you should choose NCL, as NCL treats CC members very well, from the Meet & Greet to the bridge tours that are most often offered to CC's Meet & Greet members.

As stated on here already, just being a group gets you priviledges over and above standard passengers. I did not understand this the first time I was in a group, but do now. The Group Events Coordinator for our last cruise was wonderful, and always made herself available to help if we needed her.

The amenities we selected for our group was to have THREE one-hour open-bar cocktail parties, and we were treated so special that these gatherings were a high point of our cruise.

Once you are a group, you are given an amenity menu with choices based upon the number of cabins & points earned.

I hope this isn't too late for your group planning meeting. Good luck and happy sailing, whatever you choose to do.[/quote']

Dear Planma'am,

Thank you so very much for reaching out to me about the New Orleans cruise. I have copied and pasted much of which you have written and will share this with our group at my dh's 60th birthday party this weekend at MGM Foxwoods. This is the helpful information I was seeking when I posted ny original question. I can not thank you enough:). Happy cruising, kaboochi

Archived