What are the chances NCL will have a kids sail free promotion again this year?

cruisecritiquer

I don't work for NCL marketing or sales, but I would guess that is precisely why the KSF promotion happens in Sept to Dec i.e. to try to entice people to sail with their children at a time that they otherwise wouldn't consider. These events are great, but we don't use them because we don't want to take the kids out of school. It seems to work well for many families, but not as well for us. Hopefully many people can partake of the savings. Happy sailing!

That will work well for families with preschoolers or home-schooled kids.

No, you call NCL and cancel your existing and rebook. You loose the benefits from your original cruise, i.e. OBC and get whatever the current perks are. I know that some of the December sailings of the Jewel out of New Orleans are KSF right now.

But before you cancel make sure you check the total price. Not unusual for the first two passenger fares to go up when they offer KSF. You may not save much at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

If you booked directly with NCL, don't call them and say "I'm cancelling and want to rebook" That language tends to cause issues.

What I just did about 15 minutes ago. Called NCL, had my reservation number, told the PCC that answered that I was pretty sure my sailing worked for the kids sail free promotion. I had checked my sailing on website and new it did. He checked and said I was correct. He then made the changes. They do cancel your old reservation and rebook you, so there is a very slight chance that in that minute of processing, you could lose your cabin, but I've done this a dozen times (change reservation because of price decrease) and never lost the cabin. But I guess it could happen

When you do this, you do lose previous booking things. I had $100 OBC, but saving $500 with kid sails free, was a positive in my favor. They also change the booking date to the date you make the change. For some people this may be an issue if they are looking at double or triple points. Each person has to decide what the value is for them.

Good luck, the kids sail free offer is great. I'm one of those that homeschools, so it is nice to take advantage of the discount

Well now that the KSF special is going, when you click on the "list sailings" on NCL's website, it's only giving a few ships and they are all like Spain, England, Barcelona and such sailings. I'm confused. Where are the ones listed above? :confused:

Put in the sailings that you specifically want. Many, many are offered. I think the list that was posted is very inclusive. It is for fall sailings. We just booked a Dec. Pearl Western Caribbean. It went through the Dec 8 sailing. After that, I guess it is considered holiday time and not applicable.

Good luck, great deals are out there!

Put in the sailings that you specifically want. Many, many are offered. I think the list that was posted is very inclusive. It is for fall sailings. We just booked a Dec. Pearl Western Caribbean. It went through the Dec 8 sailing. After that, I guess it is considered holiday time and not applicable.

Good luck, great deals are out there!

Yea, it's working now. Last night they had the KSF banner up, but the little icon that showed which sailings were available was not working beside each ship. It's now working. Thanks :)

When people book a cabin they should keep track and place a tally of "kids onboard" so people can avoid the dates with lots of kids.

Also ask people with balconies if they smoke and place a smoker icon in the booked cabins so people who hate smoke can see which cabin is best to book for them.

Thanks to all. Called ncl and had the ksf applied to my current booking. They did cancel and reinstate and no loss of cabin. Had no previouse credits or promotions to lose.

Saved $458 on the kids. Solid!

My brother is considering taking advantage of this promotion for his family but is worried there will not be enough other children in the clubs as its the beginning of a school year. Any input from past cruisers when traveling during this sale.

My brother is considering taking advantage of this promotion for his family but is worried there will not be enough other children in the clubs as its the beginning of a school year. Any input from past cruisers when traveling during this sale.

It all depends on the ship and the sailing, But there are always kids. Not all school calendars are absolutely alike. Also, there are those of us that homeschool, those that will take kids out of school for the week, which personally I have no problem with. And those from other countries whose schedules don't go exactly like the US.

Tell your brother to go for it. Enjoy the traveling time with his family. After all, they are the most important things in the world. JMHO :)

There are always plenty of children. In the US, it's really difficult NOT to sale when school is in...you only have winter break, spring break (NEVER EVER), Thanksgiving (we did this last year), and summer when almost all of the ships are in Alaska, the Northeast, or Europe. Sailing in the Carribean during the summer with NCL is a no go so you always find kids who are pulled out of school, home schooled, etc. on these ships. My son's school has him do a report on what he learns...usually something related to geography, history, and social studies...and he turns it in for a grade. His headmaster has always been supportive of our cruises (we only do one during each school year). He did say however he does not as a matter of routine approve Disney World trips because he sees absolutely NOTHING educational about that. LOL.

We don't mind...we'll keep cruising...;)

Archived