Rhapsody or Carnival??

Hi,

My family cruised on Carnival spirit last year and LOVED it. We are now thinking of booking a cruise on Rhapsody of the seas for this year. We have 2 kids (16 and 5). Which boat do you think would be better? I loved that carnival was so casual, do you think there would be much difference on Rhapsody? Can you veg out in swimmers, shorts, etc? Also we spent alot of time sitting at tables out on the pool deck. Does Rhapsody have table/chairs around the pool deck or only sun loungers?

Any info on rhapsody would be great.

Hi Spritz, We have not been on the Carnival so can't compare but have been on the Rhapsody of the Seas twice and loved it, she is a beautiful ship, the set up is lounge chairs near the pool then table and chairs a little bit further away still overlooking the pool so you can keep an eye on the children. Hope this helps.

Hi, I haven't been on Rhaposdy but on other RCCL ships like Radiance & Voyager, & you can be as casual or as formal as you like.

They have the casual dining buffet so even on formal night you don't need to dress up if it isn't your thing.

They have 2 pool areas with hot tubs, lots of lounges/tables etc & yes, you can veg out to your hearts content in swimmers etc.

Royal are well known for their excellent kids activities club & have a rock climbing wall, mini golf, basketball court, table tennis, video arcade, kids adventure ocean for the younger kids & I believe they have get togethers for older kids to meet on Radiance & most of these options on Rhapsody as well I believe.

Whatever you choose, have a good cruise.:)

My friend has just done both ships and preferred Carnival however she hasn't tried Radiance which I think is a better ship with more facilities than Rhapsody. Radiance even has a small water slide (nothing compared to Carnival but still fun :)).

It is nice to try other cruise lines so you have something to compare especially if the price and ports are similar.

We have sailed on both ships and like them both. We did not have any children on either sailing both saw lots on board both ships.I believe the Rhapsody has been refurbished since we sailed her in 2010. Which ever ship you choose you will not be disappointed. Enjoy

cottagemama

• 4 weeks later...

We are about to go on rhapsody, couldn't get connecting rooms on spirit. I think the slides and pools look better on spirit but the kids club gets very good reviews on rhapsody. Carnival are very cheap if you are going I the next 3 months. Almost half the price of RCI.

We have just finished a weeks cruising on Spirit. Although we loved it we all agreed we prefer RCI. I have 8 year old twins and the kids club on Spirit was not a hit. The slides were great but my daughter was not tall enough for the Green Thunder and my son only used the on 2 days. Rhapsody would win hands down every time for us. the kids club on Rhapsody is fantastic (so much so the kids nag us to go to kids club).

The pools are a similar set up on both ships with lounges and tables.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived