What makes you loyal to Carnival?

Setme2sail

I'm just curious. My DH and I have sailed Carnival 7x, RCCL 2x, Princess 1x and NCL 1x. After every cruise he always tells me Carnival is his favorite. To me I just love to cruise. I have never had a bad cruise, some I have enjoyed more than others but I have never said "I will never sail ________ cruise line again." I can entice him away from Carnival only if the price is too good to pass up. Carnival was the first cruise line he ever sailed and I wonder if it is a first love kind of thing with him. What do you think?

:D Well, yeah, we all remember and cherish the memories of our 'first love'.

I've enjoyed NCL, Princess, and Carnival cruises. I obviously prefer Carnival, and I guess I'm pretty loyal. One thing for me, though, is the proximity of the ports (N.O. and Mobile). I can drive to either. However, if I had experienced any major problems with Carnival, I'd probably be tempted to try another line again. So far, so good. So - Carnival is where my loyalty lies.:)

Proximity to the ports and the military discount. As Cotton says we haven't had any problems with our last 4 Carnival cruises to think about changing lines. Have 2 cruises planned for next January and February on the Holiday because it's only an hours drive away.

sls

First cruise was Carnival and next three were as well. Upcoming 5th one will be on Carnival because i know what to expect. I am scared to try someone else and not have as good of a time that i have always had on Carnival. Plus I like big boats (i know, i know, it's a ship) with smaller price tags. I cant see spending 400 (for 2) or so more to go on a ship i dont have any experience with! What if it is disapointing??

:D Well, yeah, we all remember and cherish the memories of our 'first love'.

Cotton, you made me giggle. I guess I should be happy that he likes the tried and true.;) After all, he keeps me around.

Our first cruise with Carnival, is not until January 2006. But they have already earned loyalty, from me.

The gave me a $600 discount, on a Destiny balcony cabin, for being a military veteran!

RCCL and Celebrity did NOT offer any such discount, when I went on their cruises.

If this discount continues to be offered, I will definitely consider Carnival-first.

We like the ambience on Carnival, the free ice cream, the art work and the towel animals.

Also, we have a lot of confidence in the mostly Italian officers. Carnival also has a wide variety of interesting itineraries and comfortable ships.

And then there are the "fun" passengers.

with apoligies to my new friends at HAL.

I have only cruised once and that was with Carnival. My trip did have some flaws but because of my attitude I made the best of it. I'm willing to give her another try and then I might even give her another because I'm considering going on the SSII. I'm still trying decide if everyone is ready for some choclate to be added to the group:p. Anyway my dh loved the cruise and only wants to stick with Carnival. I guess because we are young fun people and I like the crowd that wants to party not sit around and drink tea. I figured we can do that when we get older. I do have to say I would like to try RCL one day though. But for now Carnival here we come.

I've always enjoyed the atmosphere of Carnival cruises, everyone happy and having a wonderful time, I do enjoy the fun and dancing held during dinner. Military Discounts are great, also with the new Carnival Vacation Club I find cruising easier since my cruises are prepaid and the perks are great.

I always remember the happy Carnival staff thats greets you and are very informative at the Pre-cruise hotel stays.

After 3 cruises with Carnival, my DD's and I have always been treated wonderfully by the Carnival staff. So we have no desire to try another, because we know we will have fun and plenty to do on Carnival...Plus the price....LOL

I have 3 cruises in with Carnival and no desire to change. They offer the most reasonable pricing of any cruiseline, they have the itineraries that I like, and the crew has always made me feel more like "family" than customer. And when I've had to deal with customer service, I've never had a problem. Either with an onboard credit (my first cruise) or in correcting bon voyage gift that was not received.

First and foremost, the military discount we recieve that saves us $200+ per person offers us a very attractive price tag. However, it wouldn't be worth it if we didn't love the atmosphere of a Carnival ship. Unless I have unforseen major issues with their service, I see myself and my fiance as Carnival "lifers." This doesn't mean we won't try other lines....we will just continue coming back to Carnival in the end.

I have only cruised once and that was with Carnival. My trip did have some flaws but because of my attitude I made the best of it. I'm willing to give her another try and then I might even give her another because I'm considering going on the SSII. I'm still trying decide if everyone is ready for some choclate to be added to the group:p. Anyway my dh loved the cruise and only wants to stick with Carnival. I guess because we are young fun people and I like the crowd that wants to party not sit around and drink tea. I figured we can do that when we get older. I do have to say I would like to try RCL one day though. But for now Carnival here we come.

Cruised with the the SS group on the initial group cruise, and believe me, as long as you like to party, you'll fit right in! They are a warm, fun, varied group, so go for it!

;)

deedee, I don't think "chocolate" would be a problem at all.:D You sound like just the kind of people that would fit right in with our group. I hope you shop at WalMart though as we do have that requirement.:p Come on over to our group thread and get to know us!

We like the ambience on Carnival, the free ice cream, the art work and the towel animals.

Also, we have a lot of confidence in the mostly Italian officers. Carnival also has a wide variety of interesting itineraries and comfortable ships.

And then there are the "fun" passengers.

Duck, what a clever reply. Where ever did you get your inspiration? ;)

I sail with Carnival because it meets more of my needs than the other cruise lines do. The price is right, and I like the relaxed, fun atmosphere. I've sailed RCCL and would do so again but just prefer Carnival.

Despite what some of the "blue bloods" seem to think, one can relax, let loose and have fun without it becoming Animal House

I guess I would haave to say it's the price and the fact that we have never had a bad cruise on Carnival. I would like to try another line someday but as long as we cruise with our kids, cost is going to be a major factor. We'll stick with Carnival as long as they continue to give us the best value for our money.

Duck, what a clever reply. Where ever did you get your inspiration? ;)

I sail with Carnival because it meets more of my needs than the other cruise lines do. The price is right, and I like the relaxed, fun atmosphere. I've sailed RCCL and would do so again but just prefer Carnival.

Despite what some of the "blue bloods" seem to think, one can relax, let loose and have fun without it becoming Animal House

I am to please (and also to not hit the seat).

Thanks everyone for your replies. I must say that I agree with you about Carnival, but I do sometimes like to try something different every now and then. We are considering joining a group cruise to meet everyone. From the post sounds like you have alot of fun:)

Carnival has given us the best bang for the buck. We are headed out on our 12th "family" cruise since 1998 to Alaska July 6th and I did not even consider another cruiseline when booking it. I like consistency and knowing what to expect. I have found that with Carnival. Hubby has been cruising them for over 20 years.

Now that doesn't mean I won't ever try another line. Especially now that I am getting older and may want a slower pace cruise line.

Well personally I have never had a bad cruise with Carnival. I have never had any problems and have always had an incredible time!!!!! party-smiley-020.gif

Also, the price is important to us too... Plus I get the friends and family rate... So I cant complain.. victory.gif

Also, Carnival has great ports of call and I personally love the activities... ;)

Carnival was my "first" and my families "first". Both at diggerent times. Have sailed Disney. Sailing RCCL and still go back to Carnival. They are friendly and less people. I have the hugh mega ships. My opinion and that is what makes a difference as to where we sail.

Archived