Galveston Port

So if I read the schedule right on www.cruisett.com, RCCL will not have a ship out of Galveston from May - November of this year. Is that right and does that happen every year?

yes for as long as i have been cruising, the summer months are dominated by Carnival and when comes the fall through spring, just about everyone shows up from RCI, Princess, Disney and NCL in 2014.

yes for as long as i have been cruising, the summer months are dominated by Carnival and when comes the fall through spring, just about everyone shows up from RCI, Princess, Disney and NCL in 2014.

NCL will go out of Houston

But to get back to the original subject, will NCL be year round? Or just seasonal?

If you are looking for year round ships, Carnival has two. However, one of the ship was recently disabled and will be down for repairs for a few months.

If you are looking for year round ships, Carnival has two. However, one of the ship was recently disabled and will be down for repairs for a few months.

Thanks. I have been on fifteen cruises all out of either Galveston or New Orleans. While I have cruised on Carnival before Royal Caribbean is my favorite. I was just hoping that you knew if another cruiseline, beside Carnival, would be based year round in the Houston/Galveston area.

So if I read the schedule right on www.cruisett.com, RCCL will not have a ship out of Galveston from May - November of this year. Is that right and does that happen every year?

Yes, I will be on the Mariner this year as she sets sail for Asia. Like New Orleans and a few other ports, Galveston is seasonal. Only open in the Winter and Spring.

Thanks. I have been on fifteen cruises all out of either Galveston or New Orleans. While I have cruised on Carnival before Royal Caribbean is my favorite. I was just hoping that you knew if another cruiseline, beside Carnival, would be based year round in the Houston/Galveston area.

Year round - no. However, seasonally NCL, Royal Caribbean and Princess will be in town. I believe Disney might be there seasonally also.

Archived