platinum cruiser has fttf question

CENTEX CRUISER

We are booked on the Magic for 3/16/2014, are platinum, but daughter and sil only have one CCL cruise.I suggested they purchase FTTF as there were only 13 left today, so they could board about the same time as us hopefully. When I open up her booking, I see the time listed as 11AM-12PM..So does this mean if we do not get to Galveston exactly between this time span that they will miss out on the FTTF boarding, and the $50 spent would have gone to waste ? We normally get there about 12:30 PM. Thanks for any help...Also, I checked her luggage tags, and they now say FTTF..I would not attempt this, but what would keep a sly person from printing their luggage tags, then call and cancel the FTTF purchase, and get a refund, and still have their FTTF tags ? Just curious if Carnival has thought about this. I only hope the FTTF works out for them..

We are booked on the Magic for 3/16/2014, are platinum, but daughter and sil only have one CCL cruise.I suggested they purchase FTTF as there were only 13 left today, so they could board about the same time as us hopefully. When I open up her booking, I see the time listed as 11AM-12PM..So does this mean if we do not get to Galveston exactly between this time span that they will miss out on the FTTF boarding, and the $50 spent would have gone to waste ? We normally get there about 12:30 PM. Thanks for any help...Also, I checked her luggage tags, and they now say FTTF..I would not attempt this, but what would keep a sly person from printing their luggage tags, then call and cancel the FTTF purchase, and get a refund, and still have their FTTF tags ? Just curious if Carnival has thought about this. I only hope the FTTF works out for them..

This will be my first cruise but I did book FTTF, and from all my research on CC and Carnivals website the past 9 months, my understanding is no matter what time you get there, your daughter and sil would bypass the reg check-in , head to priority boarding for diamond, plat& FTTF.

This came from Carnival :

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Thanks a bunch. Looks like all will be ok..:)

This will be my first cruise but I did book FTTF, and from all my research on CC and Carnivals website the past 9 months, my understanding is no matter what time you get there, your daughter and sil would bypass the reg check-in , head to priority boarding for diamond, plat& FTTF.

This came from Carnival :

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

The tags on the luggage only affect the luggage that is checked. If someone else used them you would just get their luggage quickly. Once in terminal the FTTF is verified on boarding pass and that is how they process the people. I loved FTTF on the Dream in January.

No she does not have to arrive between 11 and 12...that's just their suggestion. IMO the FTTF would benefit those that get their during peak times anyway. We are platinum and we sailed in a group of 26 in January. Some of those in the group purchased the FTTF. Because we got to the port so early (10:30am) we all were onboard within minutes of eachother (even those that did not purchase FTTF). Platinum first followed by FTTF then zones. As far as the luggage tags go, they could use the FTTF tags cuz the porters wont question it when they take the luggage but they would need to show their boarding pass to get into the "priority" line so other than getting their luggage delivered quickly they wouldn't get any other perks.

We just got on Magic in Jan with FTTF. No matter what, they go in all the same checkin/security lines as Platinum cruisers. If you get there right before they start boarding, u will be led to another waiting room and they will wait in the main room but when everyone is called to board, u will be right before them. I am thinking only board about 5 min before they board. Its a good idea for them to get it.

Archived