#9640(D1) on the Liberty

I have this booked for our Med cruise in September.

Has anyone stayed in this stateroom (on Liberty or Freedom class)?

Is the stateroom quiet (from elevators)?

I've noticed that it is under the Royal Suite - is this a problem?...because the Royal Suite has a piano :-/

Would welcome all feedback :)

I have this booked for our Med cruise in September.

Has anyone stayed in this stateroom (on Liberty or Freedom class)?

Is the stateroom quiet (from elevators)?

I've noticed that it is under the Royal Suite - is this a problem?...because the Royal Suite has a piano :-/

Would welcome all feedback :)

Drummerdave- I have stayed in a similar cabin on these ships...you should not hear anything from the elevators, but drunken passengers are usually the worst offenders...it is on the "hump", which is our favorite location, so the views are great! Hopefully, few people actually play the piano and HOPEFULLY not late at night...you can always ( I would..) call RCI and see if the Royal Suite has even been booked ( sometimes it's not..)...I have cruised the Liberty twice, most recently this past Nov...great ship!! Enjoy!!

Big Al

P.S. - Have been to Bournemouth twice to see Status Quo..they are friends of mine...B.I.C great place for a show!

Drummerdave- I have stayed in a similar cabin on these ships...you should not hear anything from the elevators, but drunken passengers are usually the worst offenders...it is on the "hump", which is our favorite location, so the views are great! Hopefully, few people actually play the piano and HOPEFULLY not late at night...you can always ( I would..) call RCI and see if the Royal Suite has even been booked ( sometimes it's not..)...I have cruised the Liberty twice, most recently this past Nov...great ship!! Enjoy!!

Big Al

P.S. - Have been to Bournemouth twice to see Status Quo..they are friends of mine...B.I.C great place for a show!

Wow....That's amazing (regarding you knowing Status Quo, visiting Bournemouth and going to the B.I.C - I live a 5-10 minute walk from the B.I.C). Not many people outside of the UK have even heard of Bournemouth, let alone been there!

Anyway, thank you for answering my question.

Are RCI pretty good at responding to noise complaints? I wouldn't want to be a "party-pooper", but if the piano is being played past midnight and I have to get up at 6am for an all-day excursion in Rome....I wouldn't be happy.

I might take your advise and call in advance of the cruise to see if the Royal Suite is occupied.....like you say though, I love the centre hump location. I booked the cabin before I knew the Royal Suite would be directly above (doh!)

We were in 9638 (next door) on Freedom for the New Years cruise. No noise at all. First the hump is a great place to be because you are out over the side of the ship. Great views. Second your cabin is center hump so that will be the best view of all (although any hump view is great). As for the elevator lobby, you are really in a hall way that opens to the elevator lobby. Deck 9 is not a heavily travelled deck as it's only cabins. You could get a group waiting for the elevator that might get loud, but we certainly didn't notice any problem. Since we were on the New Years cruise there were a lot of "revelers.'' About the only problem were a couple of kids (around 8 or 9) playing in the hall one day and it really wasn't a problem. We actually liked the proximity to the elevators and stairs. Made it easy to get places.

As for the Royal Suite, we never heard a peep. We were under the center of the suite (according to the deckplan). If they played the piano or had a party, we never heard. Don't know exactly where the piano is in the room, but I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the Royal Suite, we never heard a peep. We were under the center of the suite (according to the deckplan). If they played the piano or had a party, we never heard. Don't know exactly where the piano is in the room, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the reasurance.....Noise from the piano is my main concern, so I'm glad to know you couldn't hear it.

Wow....That's amazing (regarding you knowing Status Quo, visiting Bournemouth and going to the B.I.C - I live a 5-10 minute walk from the B.I.C). Not many people outside of the UK have even heard of Bournemouth, let alone been there!

Anyway, thank you for answering my question.

Are RCI pretty good at responding to noise complaints? I wouldn't want to be a "party-pooper", but if the piano is being played past midnight and I have to get up at 6am for an all-day excursion in Rome....I wouldn't be happy.

I might take your advise and call in advance of the cruise to see if the Royal Suite is occupied.....like you say though, I love the centre hump location. I booked the cabin before I knew the Royal Suite would be directly above (doh!)

We were just on the Allure for a 3 day Valentine's Day cruise and the other couple staying next to us ( funny- she's from Bromley, just south of London!!), complained to RCI that they could hear children jumping up & down on the balcony right above them while they were having breakfast on their own balcony..Melanie said that didn't make for a peaceful, tranquil experience sitting out there...so she told our cabin steward and she told Guest Services and apparantly they called that cabin & asked that they stop jumpimg up & down on the balconies..it worked-no more problem next 2 mornings....

Alan

Rockin All Over The World

We were just on the Allure for a 3 day Valentine's Day cruise and the other couple staying next to us ( funny- she's from Bromley, just south of London!!), complained to RCI that they could hear children jumping up & down on the balcony right above them while they were having breakfast on their own balcony..Melanie said that didn't make for a peaceful, tranquil experience sitting out there...so she told our cabin steward and she told Guest Services and apparantly they called that cabin & asked that they stop jumpimg up & down on the balconies..it worked-no more problem next 2 mornings....

Alan

Rockin All Over The World

That's good to know - thanks Alan.

Archived