Ruby D735 (aft balcony / beam)

TREEH505

Hi TREEH505,

I found this on a thread I had bookmarked:

PNut362 recently posted the following over on the Princess boards about aft facing BB balconies on Emerald/Ruby/Crown Princess:

"From what I understand B748/749 are the corner ones that are the best.

B750/751 have the big beam obstruction in the middle of the balcony

B752/753 have beams but they are more on the side of the balcony and not as bad of an obstruction

B754/B755 have no beam

B756/757 are right next to the A/C units"

I know you were asking about Dolphin deck, but this may hold true.

Here is a shot of the Ruby stern. Dolphin deck is the deck which has the white center where there are no cabins. Your cabin is immediately Right in the photo and you can see the beam is all the way over to the Left of your balcony-not a major obstruction. I have booked the room next to yours (737 to the Right, on the corner) for the Ruby in the Med. The beam is way over to my left too and I am not concerned about it. If it were centered that would be a different matter.

Enjoy your balcony!

When and where are you sailing to?

Norris

IMG_0384.JPG

Here is a shot of the Ruby stern. Dolphin deck is the deck which has the white center where there are no cabins. Your cabin is immediately Right in the photo and you can see the beam is all the way over to the Left of your balcony-not a major obstruction. I have booked the room next to yours (737 to the Right, on the corner) for the Ruby in the Med. The beam is way over to my left too and I am not concerned about it. If it were centered that would be a different matter.

Enjoy your balcony!

When and where are you sailing to?

Norris

IMG_0384.JPG

Thank you for the picture, I have looked everywhere on the internet and this is the best i have seen!! I have googled, but when you click on the actual picture on most of them it is not the "Ruby" but every other ship!

I just booked for April 2014, our first time with an Aft balcony, so very excited for the experience...thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Trying to decide on a cabin for 3 (sisters) ..... I love the aft cabins and D734 and D735 are still available...with the beam if all three were on the balcony would someone be stuck behind the beam? Or being an AFT balcony is it big enough to avoid that?

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread but I have a question about D735......

Is this cabin noisy (with the exception of the wake)? I see that it is next to some ventilation panels and I am nervous about the noise and/or vibration. I am a light sleeper!

Thanks for any information you can provide.

we stayed in that room April 2014. Great room, no real noise.

Thank you so much for the quick response!! I was so worried. I expect noise from the wake and vibration when docking. I just don't want it to vibrate the entire time.

I was on a cruise once on the Diamond Princess and stayed in C746. It was above "white space" on the deck plans. The cabin vibrated all night every night for the entire week. That made for a miserable week of exhaustion! :eek:

• 1 month later...

We have stayed in these aft cabins on at least 12 cruises. We will only book aft Dolphin or the Caribe deck aft suites. The emerald deck is good also but the balcony is a little smaller. The beam is no problem, DW likes it cause when she has had to much sun and its beaming down on our deck she can get behind the beam and she has some shade. There is a table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers. The balcony's are great for the UBD which we have on every cruise. Noise have never been a problem or vibration. You will hear and feel the thrusters when docking, I would be more concerned if I didn't hear them. Remember this is a moving object and some noise cannot be helped. I've had people say to me that vibration when we docked woke me up and was terrible, my thoughts are get a life. Maybe they shouldn't dock until everyone is out of bed and wide awake.

• 2 years later...
Thank you for the picture, I have looked everywhere on the internet and this is the best i have seen!! I have googled, but when you click on the actual picture on most of them it is not the "Ruby" but every other ship!

I just booked for April 2014, our first time with an Aft balcony, so very excited for the experience...thanks again!

We booked the Ruby Princess D735 can you tell me was there really an obstruction Do you have any pictures? Were you

happy with that cabin? Thanks Gail mike4gail@yahoo.com

The beam is to one side of the balcony. It's not a problem. The trade-off for the 'obstruction' is the fact that the balcony is much larger and provides a lot of shade. However, this room is next to a 'maintenance' shaft. I've heard complaints about the noise.