High End Mexican? Really Good Deli?

sail7seas

[quote name='CowPrincess']In my experience, people who are interested in healthy eating know what they want and what healthy eating means for them. They don't need it pointed out to them on a menu. If you don't want white rice, don't eat it. That doesn't mean someone else will decide against it -- in a small portion, perhaps.[/quote]

There are many in the industry that would disagree with you. There is no way for the average consumer to know what products are used in preparing a finished product.

It's just not that simple....

[quote name='English_in_Spain'][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]Just to make you all hungry, here are some tapas we get here[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://www.mandarinabluetours.com/images/ruta-tapas-alicante-gastronomia-mandarinablue-variantes.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://www.mandarinabluetours.com/images/ruta-tapas-alicante-chipirones.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRICP8MnB21H_x3OJKIWSqqvl__E2hM-5bJ1s0ZxiLcXCenOoz_[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeourzVSCXrMmX7GUpPdikyZgwBHteOy6rv-NMlncN3gOtpR8I8Q[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCwTrMFSPpTNLWEjg4VSOWGSpMpQdGS5ICN5MkIy_Gdxpm4hFPSw[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8Jig1_wDtcqoHWvx0pAcbPvEsgdXcJ6X5s-h71WTIVzDilj5X[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/quote]

Oh God That plate with all the meats and olives. I just need some nice crusty bread and a glass of wine or a cold beer and that would be my dinner. Looks like Chorizo, Sopprasota (well that is what the Italians call it, and some type of salami. MMMM MMM Good

[quote name='ASIWISH']There are many in the industry that would disagree with you. There is no way for the average consumer to know what products are used in preparing a finished product.

It's just not that simple....[/quote]

[B] Exactly.
It isn't so easy to know half the hidden ingredients in prepared foods.
I don't know for sure if cream, butter, cheese etc have been used and asking the server is often not reliable. If the menu says rice, I don't know if it is white rice or brown or wild and I want to know prior to ordering to avoid having an unpleasant surprise.

Consumers are becoming far more demanding about wanting to know what they are putting in their mouths.
I don't understand the resistance..... If someone doesn't want this 'hoped for' healthful food alternative restaurant or section in Lido, avoid it. Those who welcome it can enjoy it and like Pinnacle, if you don't wish to dine there, don't.

[/B]

[quote name='babyher']Oh God That plate with all the meats and olives. I just need some nice crusty bread and a glass of wine or a cold beer and that would be my dinner. Looks like Chorizo, Sopprasota (well that is what the Italians call it, and some type of salami. MMMM MMM Good[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]If you are interested in Spanish meats have a look [URL="http://www.orceserranohams.com/pages-shop/charcuterie.htm"][COLOR="Red"][B]here[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='English_in_Spain'][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]If you are interested in Spanish meats have a look [URL="http://www.orceserranohams.com/pages-shop/charcuterie.htm"][COLOR="Red"][B]here[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh my God everything looks delicious .

Some how this tuna sandwich I am supposed to have for lunch is just not going to cut it *LOL*

Thank you for posting :)

I don't gain weight because there was some butter in my entree or the rice was white. I gain weight because I emptied out the bread basket.

It is well known that some rich foods are more satisfying and thus can be less fattening because one eats less. It is mostly all about portion control.

igraf

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] Exactly.
It isn't so easy to know half the hidden ingredients in prepared foods.
I don't know for sure if cream, butter, cheese etc have been used and asking the server is often not reliable. If the menu says rice, I don't know if it is white rice or brown or wild and I want to know prior to ordering to avoid having an unpleasant surprise.

Consumers are becoming far more demanding about wanting to know what they are putting in their mouths.
I don't understand the resistance..... If someone doesn't want this 'hoped for' healthful food alternative restaurant or section in Lido, avoid it. Those who welcome it can enjoy it and like Pinnacle, if you don't wish to dine there, don't.

[/B][/quote]

[B] We all understand about weight gain and some of our preferences are not only concerned with weight gain.

I wish someone who resists those of us who want to know the ingredients (nutrition information) in the food we eat being provided it would tell us why they resist us having that information. Where could there be any downside to it?

No one will force anyone to go to a healthful food restaurant or section of Lido. Why would someone care if it is available for those who want it? I'm truly at a loss to understand.

I sincerely would appreciate being enlightened and thank you in advance.

[/B]

I love the idea of more choices. I love good Mexican food, but it's not something I'd go out of my way for on a cruise - I live in Southern California and can get all I want right here. I think the farther you get from the Southwest, the less likely you are to find good Mexican. A very unfortunate experience where my very best friend took me out to a Mexican lunch after picking me up at the airport comes to mind. Fargo does not do Mexican well.

A Tapas bar sounds wonderful. A high-end vegetarian restaurant with great wine pairings sounds even better (Greens in San Francisco comes ot mind).

How about this idea. A "regional" restaurant that serves the food of the port we just left? I miss the sailaway food and drink served on the Lido that was tied to the port we were leaving.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]I'm looking forward to learning more about alternative restaurants that may be added to Pinnacle Class ships and got to thinking about what type I'd really like.[/B]

[B]High End Mexican or a Really Good Deli are sounding good but, I admit, not likely to be chosen.[/B]

[B]What do you think/would like to see for added alternative restaurants on the ships?[/B][/QUOTE]
I'd like to see a good British/Irish Pub. Contrary to popular belief it isn't all "fish & chips", although done right, that's a great meal. While sailing on a canal boat in England, we stopped every night at a different pub, and had great food. It has to be accompanied by some good draft beer, though. No use doing the food without the beer.

[quote name='magandab']
how about this idea. A "regional" restaurant that serves the food of the port we just left? I miss the sailaway food and drink served on the lido that was tied to the port we were leaving.[/quote]

genius!;)

Archived