Dress Acceptable for Formal Night?

I seemed to have caused quite an argument,

I asked if it would be alright, I stated I was going on carnival, not any other cruise line, nor would I care to go on another cruiseline.

:(

I am disabled and in a wheelchair, if anyone knows about being in a chair, you have to clothes that have some give, and a formal dress, cocktail dress or anything to the kind would not. Furthermore a dress and a wheelchair doesn't work well together, you have to have it long enough to cover your knees, then it risks dragging or snagging on the wheels.

:eek:

Sorry to others that were kind but the ones that were very opinionated thanks but no thanks, you should read all the posting before you give your opinion and look at the whole picture.

:(

:mad:I am not you, you probably are not disabled, and furthermore you are no better than the next person just because you pay more for a cruise than I pay for a carnival cruise, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the black cocktail dress for the op is absolutely beautiful. I plan on wearing something very similar for my upcoming cruise. Additionally, being in the 20's I definitely think a shorter hem line is suitable and appropriate for formal night on a 5 day cruise.

Cruisers should wear what they feel is appropriate and comfortable for formal night. Personally, I would not wear a long dresses for formal because of my height long dresses make me look short and frumpy even my wedding dress was a short length.

Have Fun!

All of these posters are saying, "That would be okay."

Ummm.... this is one of the first threads I've open and actually thought, yes, that is PERFECT. There is no rule that you have to wear long dresses, and you definitely won't be overdressed. Cocktail dresses are completely appropriate. I would much rather see a woman in a nice, well-fitting cocktail dress than a bad floor-length gown (this is not to say that all floor-length gowns are bad... definitely not.... but if you're buying off the rack with no alterations, there is a very good chance that it doesn't really fit like it should).

Wear the dress and don't worry about people's personal opinions. We have a very diverse crowd on the "fashion" (clothes) board which is great for different perspectives, but you'll almost never get a definite, solid answer.

Archived