camp carnival

mah45638

How strict is the age limits at Camp Carnival? I have two daughters, one is 11 and the other is 13. Will they allow them to go together? I know the groups are seperated at 12 yrs. old but they really don't want to split up.

I don't have an answer for you, but I was just about to ask the very same thing. We will be cruising the Carnival Inspiration on 8/1/05 - and my son will be turning 24 months on 8/20/05. He is very matuer for his age, and is in Daycare with other children who are 2. He talks well already... How would they know if he was exactly two yet? I know that when I bring him aboard, I need to show his B.C. Do they give him a different colored bracelet, or how does it work? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :)

They do get a list and know how old the children are. As I said it is easy to bring a child down an age group - but going up if difficult. With your child being that young I doubt that they will allow him to go up - but it never hurts to ask. Just don't be disappointed if they tell you no. I'm sure the rule is in place for a reason - otherwise why have rules?

Do they really inforce the rule that the same parent drop them off & pick them up? This is the first time we are bring the kids on a Carnival cruise.This sounds very inconvenient.

Yes they do-- especailly with the younger set-- the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out. May be inconvenient but it is for your kids safety. Even though the counselors may know you-- you wills till have to show id too.

How strict is the age limits at Camp Carnival? I have two daughters, one is 11 and the other is 13. Will they allow them to go together? I know the groups are seperated at 12 yrs. old but they really don't want to split up.

your 13 year old will be going to the 9-11 year old program. The camps are strict that younger kids cant go higher but the older ones can go down in groups.

Oh Yes they check!!!! Tried to get my 11 year old into the 12 year old stuff worked for about 1/2 hour then they asked him to leave!!! I felt so bad about lying about his age... He had a blast in the 9-11 age group though!!!

Oh Yes they check!!!! Tried to get my 11 year old into the 12 year old stuff worked for about 1/2 hour then they asked him to leave!!! I felt so bad about lying about his age... He had a blast in the 9-11 age group though!!!

I think a lot of parents get hung up in the age group thing, but remember that your child won't be the only almost 12 or almost 9 or whatever. As Chuck noted, his son had a blast in the 9-11 group (by the way, so did my son:) ). My boys are 20 months apart and were in 2 different age groups twice. They both met friends their own age and had a great time. On our upcoming cruise, they will both be in the 15-17 group, but I think they'll each do their own thing and make their own friends since their interests are different. Unless your kids are homeschooled, they are separated from their siblings every day so they'll be fine in different age groups in Camp Carnival. And, there will be a lot of time, outside of "camp" for them to get together and hang out by the pool, etc.

Last year we were allowed to list another adult who was authorized to pick up; just had to show our S&S card so they could match it to the list. You had to do that each time you signed in the child.
You were very lucky. The only way around it that I know of is to have both parents sign in and then either can pick up.

For the older ones - they can sign themselves in and out. Even if you don't want them leaving on their own you can still have them sign themselves in (with parent there) and then even if the other parent picks up the child can sign themselves out.

Yes - it can be inconvenient - I think they should have an authorized list and as long as the person is listed they should be able to pick up.

I don't have an answer for you, but I was just about to ask the very same thing. We will be cruising the Carnival Inspiration on 8/1/05 - and my son will be turning 24 months on 8/20/05. He is very matuer for his age, and is in Daycare with other children who are 2. He talks well already... How would they know if he was exactly two yet? I know that when I bring him aboard, I need to show his B.C. Do they give him a different colored bracelet, or how does it work? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :)

It is the age when you board the ship that matters to them, so if he is not yet 2 by the time you board the boat, he will not be eligible for camp carnival. They are extremely strict about this as well. He will be eligible for the 10pm and after pay for babysitting service though.

You were very lucky. The only way around it that I know of is to have both parents sign in and then either can pick up.

For the older ones - they can sign themselves in and out. Even if you don't want them leaving on their own you can still have them sign themselves in (with parent there) and then even if the other parent picks up the child can sign themselves out.

Yes - it can be inconvenient - I think they should have an authorized list and as long as the person is listed they should be able to pick up.

I'm not against the authorized parent pick up. I just meant if I sign my son in, why can't my husband sign him out? That's how they do it on DCL. I don't see how that is unsafe.

It is a good idea about both of us signing him in.

I know my husband doesn't stay up as late as I do and a lot of times he signed him in then went to bed earlier then me and I had to sign him out.

I'm not against the authorized parent pick up. I just meant if I sign my son in, why can't my husband sign him out? That's how they do it on DCL. I don't see how that is unsafe. It is a good idea about both of us signing him in. I know my husband doesn't stay up as late as I do and a lot of times he signed him in then went to bed earlier then me and I had to sign him out.
I'm sorry if it didn't come out right - but I agree with you completely. I thought at one time when we had filled out a Camp Carnival sheet that they asked about who would be authorized to pick up a child. Why bother to ask if the same person who drops them off has to pick them up? Not sure if the form still asks. In my opinion when you fill out the forms they should ask who is authorized to pick up and as long as that person is on the list it shouldn't matter who dropped them off.

Gav: The camp will be opened where you can take your toddler from noon til 2pm each day-you will jsut have to stay with him. this way he can use the toys and stuff. and maybe have other kids his age to play with.

I haven't cruised with carnival in about 2 years, but I can tell you that they were very strict with their "pick-up" policy....We were traveling with our cousins, (we had 3-three year olds and a two year old between us) and they allowed us to all (both moms and both dads) sign in the 4 kids together and then any of us were allowed to sign them out....but, if only one of us signed them in then that person had to pick them up....which was actually quite funny when my cousin was not allowed to pick her son up without me because I had signed them in....but it made us feel better to know that our kids could not be picked up by just anyone...it may be a little hassle, but well worth the security in this day and age!:)

I haven't cruised with carnival in about 2 years, but I can tell you that they were very strict with their "pick-up" policy....We were traveling with our cousins, (we had 3-three year olds and a two year old between us) and they allowed us to all (both moms and both dads) sign in the 4 kids together and then any of us were allowed to sign them out....but, if only one of us signed them in then that person had to pick them up....which was actually quite funny when my cousin was not allowed to pick her son up without me because I had signed them in....but it made us feel better to know that our kids could not be picked up by just anyone...it may be a little hassle, but well worth the security in this day and age!:)

Yup, I can completely understand the part of having the list and it being autorized. I am baffled why it's a security issue that if someone is on the list and they aren't the same person that dropped them off, why can't another person on that list pick them up?

I had the other problem this spring on a ski trip. When our group signed our children in (4 of them)--no one asked who would pick up. In fact, one of the kids in our group got sick at noon--ski school did not announce it or write it on any message board--then when we went to pick her up, did not know anything about where she was. At no time did anyone ask for any identification. There was not even a check off a list when you picked your child up. In fact, one parent (not with us) picked her child up at the bottom of the slope on the way to the "waiting area". The ski instructor asked us if we "saw" the child on that path to the waiting area!! :eek: Yikes. I guess there is no in-between.

Archived