Fla. Residents- which hotel for cruise n park MIAMI

Mmketeer

Okay I see a lot of posts for folks flying into the airport and then getting taxis or hotel shuttles to the cruise terminals from Miami.

But, what about those of us who need to drive down the day prior and don't want to park at the port? Anyone know of a hotel around $100-175 a night with free parking during the cruise and r/t transportation to the port?

I swear I always have a hard time with this in FLL and Miami, but Port C. I have tons of options!

Thanks CC!

We are doing just that.....driving down from NJ to Miami in early April. We have 2 rooms booked at the Rodeway Inn. I know it's not the nicest place but we only needed a bed for the night. Not looking for any frills. Found out that not only do they have free parking (2 pkgs. 3 day or 7 day) but they also offer free shuttle to and from the port. They also have a restaurant on site, a beauty salon, a gym and outside pool and a convenience store. They are within walking distance to other eateries as well. There have been mixed reviews but the latest ones have been pretty decent. Apparently they have just undergone a renovation. We are paying $190 for 2 rooms with 7 days free parking. Hope this is helpful.

Check www.parksleepfly.com or https://secure.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day :eek: for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to the hotel, almost never :() plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

La Quinta East near MIA offers free airport shuttles and also free shuttle service to POM; the hotel gets mixed reviews here and on Tripadvisor but seems good enough for lots of cruisers.

Comfort Suites Airport North offers free shuttles from the airport and then to the cruise port the next morning. Across the street is a gas station-mart if you need to pick-up soda, water, etc. There are 3-4 dining options nearby. The hotel is not in the most scenic area as it is on the edge of the airport.

Hotels west of MIA in the Doral area can be even cheaper, but the cost for cabs to POM will rise and could wipe out your savings.

Depending upon when you cruise your budget might allow you to stay in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - with shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Have a good cruise! :)

Archived