Should an aft mini be more than an aft balcony?

2Oregonians

Are you comparing the aft facing minis on deck 11 to the aft facing balconys on decks 8-10? the catagories are M1 and B1.

I looked at one sailing on the Pearl to AK in early May and found that the M1 was 2291 and the B1 was 2144 so the Mini was more expensive - as expected.

On a more unexpected note I found that the SF penthouse was only 2249 which makes it 50 less than the M1

I've been looking at Mexico and Alaska itineraries for 2014. Everytime I price something out, an aft Mini-Suite is about $30-$50 LESS than an aft facing Balcony. Why??? :confused: I've seen this on the Star to Mexico and on the Pearl to Alaska.

The B1s are quickly becoming prime real estate.

Are you sure that you are aren't pricing a regular mini compared to an aft balcony ? That would be correct. An aft balcony is more expensive than a mini.:)

Positive. I made sure. I'm comparing REGULAR BALCONY AFT to MINI-SUITE AFT.

On the Pearl to Alaska departing Sept. 14, 2014:

Aft facing Mini-Suite with balcony is $1,679 per person

Aft facing Balcony is $1,709 per person

It was similar on a Mexico itinerary, but my shoulder is killing me and I don't want to look it up. :p

I quickly used a fishing website to look at several sailings of the Pearl in AK - sometimes the M1 is cheaper than the B1 so I guess it pays to look at all rooms and catagories as there appear to be bargins to be had.

I do agree with your logic (and I think that it does hold for most of the time) that an M1 should be more than a B1 - simply due to the slightly larger cabin size - and aft facing will be more than one along the side.

I've been looking at Mexico and Alaska itineraries for 2014. Everytime I price something out, an aft Mini-Suite is about $30-$50 LESS than an aft facing Balcony. Why??? :confused: I've seen this on the Star to Mexico and on the Pearl to Alaska.

We have done Alaska on the Pearl in an AFT Mini and it was so good we have booked again in the same cabin. We loved the views from the balcony especially at Glacier Bay and slept with the door slightly ajar and listened to the wake to fall asleep. I would go with the Mini whatever the price.

The Star does not have any aft-facing mini's. All the mini's are on deck 11 and the spa is all the way aft on that deck.There are 6 aft facing balconies in total on decks 8,9,10.Deck 10 having the biggest and best! prime real estate that always goes first. I would take an aft cabin any day over a mini.

Archived