What are your photography tips?

skrink

1- If this is not a repeat trip, but a "once-in-a-lifetime" destination, don't see all of the special and breathtaking views through the view-finder of a camera, be it still or video. I did that on more than one special vacation and always regretted it.

This is my best tip too. Don't spend so much time taking pictures that you actually miss the scenery. I did that on our last whale watch trying to get a fabulous picture and forgot to actually enjoy the serenity and beauty around me. Pictures do bring back great memories, but nothing can replace actually experiencing it yourself in the moment.

Another nice tip (not about cameras) is sending the free e-cards from the computer center on board the Princess ships. Even people who need to buy computer time for business or checking their e-mail can save time/money by using the e-cards to communicate with those left on dry land. You can do this for free as often as you like, sending as many e-cards as you want- you just have to bring your list of e-mail addresses since you aren't using your own e-mail account with all your addresses automatically listed.

Archived