Carnival Sensation Cruise

New Cruiser 2005,

I loved the Sensation when I was on there in April. That was my first cruise, and just dont see how a cruise trip will be better than that one. Such a wonderful trip with perfect weather, and I am sure that is helpful to make it a great trip.

My child was 4, and he loved camp carnival, but yours may be a little too big to enjoy that. But since you are going in the summer, I am sure there will be many more teenager types on that cruise to "hang out" with.

I have my trip report on that Sensation here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=176454

Somewhat lengthy but detailed, and hopefully you find it helpful and entertaining.

Hey New Cruiser,

We just got back from the Sensation yesterday. This was our second voyage on her; the first in 1996 out of Miami. She is still in tip top condition. In fact, we couldn't tell the difference from the first trip. There is always plenty of things to do on board. The shows are fantastic. The cruise director, Greg, is funny and is always on the intercom telling of activities on board. We don't have kids anymore but the ones was saw on board with Camp Carnival seemed to be having a ball. I'll try to ask answer any specific questions if you have them. Don't worry, you will have a terrific time. We were supposed to stop in Costa Maya but had to pass it by because of 8 - 10 foot seas. That ship was rockin and rollin but I took meds and never got seasick. We, instead, docked in Cozumel a day early and got off the ship. It was fun to get there at night. The trip home was wonderful with the seas as slick as glass. If anyone wants to do a tour of the island of Cozumel, I highly recommend Nelda and Harry at www.cozumeltours.com. It stormed all day while we were there but Nelda still made sure we had a great time.

Archived