Wow sale and half price deposit

cruzinlisa

I have never cruised Royal before, but looking at one possibly next year. I see that the WOW sale is going on, which has among other things, a half price deposit. The only stipulation I saw was that sailing had to be after May 1, but it did not say when you had to sail by. So I am looking at cruises for next Spring. I have looked on Royal's website and with a couple of online TAs. They are showing the sale (and atleast one of them is showing the OBC), but when I do a mock booking, it shows the full deposit due. I know that the sale ends today. WIthout a half price deposit, I probably would just wait to book since I am looking at something for April 2014, which is about 13 months out. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or is it that the cruise has to take place before the end of this year? So confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have never cruised Royal before, but looking at one possibly next year. I see that the WOW sale is going on, which has among other things, a half price deposit. The only stipulation I saw was that sailing had to be after May 1, but it did not say when you had to sail by. So I am looking at cruises for next Spring. I have looked on Royal's website and with a couple of online TAs. They are showing the sale (and atleast one of them is showing the OBC), but when I do a mock booking, it shows the full deposit due. I know that the sale ends today. WIthout a half price deposit, I probably would just wait to book since I am looking at something for April 2014, which is about 13 months out. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or is it that the cruise has to take place before the end of this year? So confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You are not doing anything wrong. Royal's website is not programmed to handle less than full price deposits. What I would do is pick your cruise and choose to put the cruise on a courtesy hold. You can do this without any money down. Then call Royal customer service (800-398-9819) and ask to put down the half-price deposit.

You are not doing anything wrong. Royal's website is not programmed to handle less than full price deposits. What I would do is pick your cruise and choose to put the cruise on a courtesy hold. You can do this without any money down. Then call Royal customer service (800-398-9819) and ask to put down the half-price deposit.

^^^Exactly!

If you decide to go with a TA that is offering extra perks you can do that as well, just call them and they will help you out.

If you go direct to RC they will help you on the phone. There is no end date so any cruise you find that is after May 1st will work.

I booked last night for april next year. I booked with RCI. Just so you know even booking directly with RCI. Your online page will still say you owe the other half of your deposit. The lady on the phone told not to worry about it.

You would think that a company as large as RCI could fix a rather minor computer issue.

It makes me worry a little that they might cancel my cruise since it shows I still owe half the deposit.

I booked last night for april next year. I booked with RCI. Just so you know even booking directly with RCI. Your online page will still say you owe the other half of your deposit. The lady on the phone told not to worry about it.

You would think that a company as large as RCI could fix a rather minor computer issue.

It makes me worry a little that they might cancel my cruise since it shows I still owe half the deposit.

Don't worry about it, this half-deposit thing happens at least twice a year to many many people.

Archived