Anyone else tired of these reviews???

qbanrican84

Sometimes I think people let certain things set the tone for their experience.

For example, on our last cruise, we sailed Conquest out of NOLA. Embarkation was okay, but slow. We were in the first boarding group (after VIPs and wedding) and it was still like 11:30 before they started boarding anyone- which seemed slow to me but maybe not. We were on about 12:00-12:30 I think. The cruise itself was good. Dining room service was only OK. It was extremely slow, wait staff was MIA most of the time, and sometimes they would forget something. It was not up to Carnival standards but it was not so horrible that we decided to complain, reduce tips or even quit going to the MDR.

Then there was debarkation. It was not fun. There was a little flier that said about what time you could expect to leave. Add 2 hours to that.

Then when we finally got off the boat, we called the hotel shuttle, which never came- despite repeated calls. Finally 1 1/2 hours later they came (yeah I know we should have taken a cab but they kept saying they were almost there). To add to it, I had a restless 15 month old and whose milk had spoiled sitting out in the hot sun and we did not really have anything to give her to drink. By the time we got on the road for our 12 hour drive home it was 12:30. Of course that is not Carnival's fault.

But when I got off the ship, I vowed I would not sail out of NOLA again and would not go on Conquest again. It was my least favorite cruise, even though the time on the ship was amazing and the only real fault (besides port issues) was the dining room staff.

Of course, in a month, I am sailing again on Conquest, out of NOLA. And I am even staying in the same hotel as last time (but I am not waiting that long for the shuttle!). Of course I know think that I overreacted and unfortunately I let it color my experience (fortunately for me though it was AFTER the fact). But I guess in a little over a month I will see if I made a good choice or if I am really swearing off NOLA (don't have to worry about Conquest, she is relocating).

No not me, I love reading reviews and seeing different opinions. You can usually tell right away as to who lets the little things bother them. It would take a lot for something to ruin my vacation. But with that said I have received valuable information from reviews that have helped me make my cruise better. So I guess you take the bad and the good and have to evaluate peoples concerns and how they would affect your plans and hope for the best.

Ditto,

:) Mel

I agree. If you cruise long enough you are bound to have something happen that is not great, but complaining about scrabled eggs and towels is a little nit-picky. The great thing about the bigger ships is that there is so much to do, see, eat etc, that if you are fixated on the one little thing that is bugging you, it is your own fault if you are miserable. I mean if you don't like the eggs, go eat one of the other 100 things they have right? :)

Okay true, but if you are an egg eater and you read 15 reviews that say the eggs are YUCK, then you have a heads up. Better than loading up your plate and then being disappointed. Whatever someone complains about, I decide whether I care or not. If someone starts complaining that the towels are not all folded the same way with tight corners, I am going to think this person has OCD and I don't care. If one person says their chicken was cold, I will think its an off night. If every other review has someone mentioning that their chicken was oozing blood, I am ordering something else.

We just got off the Freedom and I hope the people in the cabin next to us doen't write a review.

The first night out, it was quite windy. I was sitting out on the balcony and noticed that both dividers were rattling from the wind. No big deal I thought. The next day, I noticed that the one on the right had a wad of paper stuffed by the latch to keep it from rattling. Again, no big deal.

The next day I walked out on the balcony and there was a maintenance man working feavorishly trying to get the divider to stop rattling. He finally got it after at least an hour of trying.

The next day we walked out of our cabin to find two maintenance men bringing in new mattresses to that same cabin.

We only ran into them once and they seemed like nice people although they did make it clear that they had two residences, on in Fla and the other on the east coast. I think they were the type that nothing pleases them.

There is a difference between a review and complaining (some people just like to complain and let any little thing affect their vacation)! I keep this in mind when reading the reviews. Yes, I have learned many helpful things from these reviews and I have also just smiled and laughed at the nit picking :)

Archived