Anyone else tired of these reviews???

qbanrican84

I'm just so excited about my cruise coming up in April and was reading some reviews on the Carnival Freedom and saw quite a few reviews that just made me cringe. People complaining about not receiving a towel animal or ice one night and how those are grounds for them to never return to Carnival...are you kiddin me???

Sure, I had a bad experience on Carnival one year, but we decided maybe it was just a bad round of people and decided to try it again the next year and it was like night and day....half of the time it's your attitude that needs an adjustement :rolleyes:

Anyway just venting here...anyone else feel this way

I'm just so excited about my cruise coming up in April and was reading some reviews on the Carnival Freedom and saw quite a few reviews that just made me cringe. People complaining about not receiving a towel animal or ice one night and how those are grounds for them to never return to Carnival...are you kiddin me???

Sure, I had a bad experience on Carnival one year, but we decided maybe it was just a bad round of people and decided to try it again the next year and it was like night and day....half of the time it's your attitude that needs an adjustement :rolleyes:

We take them as they come. Some criticism seems valid and some "Are you kidding me?"

Best one is some years ago we met a couple on a cruise and we all seemed to have a great time and than she posts a review that her cruise was just awful with some silly complaints.

We take them as they come. Some criticism seems valid and some "Are you kidding me?"

Best one is some years ago we met a couple on a cruise and we all seemed to have a great time and than she posts a review that her cruise was just awful with some silly complaints.

Totally agree and have had the same thing happen. Someone on one of our roll calls a while back posted a scathing review. I was really surprised as they seemed to be having a great time on the cruise. Every time we ran into them, they just raved. I take the bad ones with a grain of salt.

No not me, I love reading reviews and seeing different opinions. You can usually tell right away as to who lets the little things bother them. It would take a lot for something to ruin my vacation. But with that said I have received valuable information from reviews that have helped me make my cruise better. So I guess you take the bad and the good and have to evaluate peoples concerns and how they would affect your plans and hope for the best.

No not me, I love reading reviews and seeing different opinions. You can usually tell right away as to who lets the little things bother them. It would take a lot for something to ruin my vacation. But with that said I have received valuable information from reviews that have helped me make my cruise better. So I guess you take the bad and the good and have to evaluate peoples concerns and how they would affect your plans and hope for the best.

Yea I feel the same way, it's just ridiculous sometimes to hear some of the complaints on here. I have def learned a ton from the boards since our first cruise 5 years ago...

I take most reviews with a grain of salt. No 2 people are going to like the exact same things and in most reviews that are negative...the reviewer has given it a negative rating and it had nothing to actually do with the cruise or it is so over the top it is unrealistic.

Gotten to the point I don't read reviews anymore...decided I will make the decision for myself. :)

I take most reviews with a grain of salt. No 2 people are going to like the exact same things and in most reviews that are negative...the reviewer has given it a negative rating and it had nothing to actually do with the cruise or it is so over the top it is unrealistic.

Gotten to the point I don't read reviews anymore...decided I will make the decision for myself. :)

Execpt ours of course :p

I take everything I read with a grain of salt. I read all the time about people being served food 'ice cold'. In 9 cruises I've never been served a hot food that was even what I'd consider 'cool'. Some people just like to hear themselves complain and I don't waste my time with those people.

Execpt ours of course :p

I take everything I read with a grain of salt. I read all the time about people being served food 'ice cold'. In 9 cruises I've never been served a hot food that was even what I'd consider 'cool'. Some people just like to hear themselves complain and I don't waste my time with those people.

:pHey Chris! Now you know I do read yours! Actually, love your reviews! How are you two doing? Hope all is well!

I read a lot of negative reviews, and hope to use them as a cautionary tale. While some people are dramatic, I'm trying to also avoid those easy first timer mistakes that seem to ruin a cruise. I've learned things like:

*Never book a room under/over a public space if noise bothers you.

*Watch your step at the buffet, the floors can be slick

*Bring an air freshener, odors are a possible issue

*Buy FTTF if you hate lines

*Tips are applied automatically, don't let this surprise you

*The coffee isn't very good. Bring your favorite instant coffee.

I've seen reviews where each of these points ruins someone's cruise. While it wouldn't "ruin" mine, knowing these things will certainly help me keep my head up when/if I encounter those problems.

It's funny because I read your post and realized that I haven't purposely gone out and read any reviews for our next 2 cruises. We have sailed on both ships before and both cruiselines multiple times so I guess my feeling was I already know what to expect and what I liked/disliked on those ships. IMHO cruise reviews are 95% subjective anyways and I don't know these reviewers so why would I take their word for what is good or bad. I may have a completely different opinion than they do. I have close friends whose opinion on cruiselines I disagree with. IMHO the only opinions that count are mine and my families and we need to experience it to form an objective opinion.

Now ports of call are a different story. I've been researching them like crazy because many of them we have not been to yet.

I recently read one of the most ridiculous reviews ever. The writer did have some valid complaints, but the majority of complaints were things that were completely out of Carnival's control - like the weight/size of fellow passengers, attitudes of fellow passengers. Other complaints were things that I just couldn't believe without pictures, and of course there weren't any, and it was things I for sure would have taken a picture of had it happened to me, because I would have wanted to send them to Carnival as proof of how bad things were instead of just complaining on a message board.

Some people just like to complain about everything! Take it in stride. I never let it affect my vacation.

Isn't that the truth!

My husband and I took the same cruise at the same time...

On his cruise - the food wasn't very good, the pizza was awful, the drinks were weak, our cabin attendant wasn't attentive enough, there's more but I'm in the process of cleansing it from my memory. :p

Funny, I didn't encounter any of those problems or have any of those complaints.

In fact, MY cruise was so good that I'm going again in Nov. but SOLO this time, can you blame me? :p

Oh, we took Amtrak to NOLA too and on his trip, the ride was too bumpy, the food wasn't very good, the bed was uncomfortable, whine, whine, whine.

I will give him the bumpy ride but that's part of the charm of train travel to me :D

I like the reviews where people complain that the cabin steward never introduced themselves so they stopped the tip.

My point to them--if your room is made up and turned down twice a day-- and you get clean towels-- the steward did their job. Too bad they didnt talk with the passengers-- if they talked to all the people the rooms would never get done

Isn't that the truth!

My husband and I took the same cruise at the same time...

On his cruise - the food wasn't very good, the pizza was awful, the drinks were weak, our cabin attendant wasn't attentive enough, there's more but I'm in the process of cleansing it from my memory. :p

Funny, I didn't encounter any of those problems or have any of those complaints.

In fact, MY cruise was so good that I'm going again in Nov. but SOLO this time, can you blame me? :p

Oh, we took Amtrak to NOLA too and on his trip, the ride was too bumpy, the food wasn't very good, the bed was uncomfortable, whine, whine, whine.

I will give him the bumpy ride but that's part of the charm of train travel to me :D

I am just hysterical. You definitely need a new traveling companion! Enjoy your solo in November!!!!

:pHey Chris! Now you know I do read yours! Actually, love your reviews! How are you two doing? Hope all is well!

Everything is great! Just counting down to the wedding at this point.

OT, I remember being on in an elevator shortly after embarkation on one of our Pride cruises and another couple complaining that it wasn't as nice as another cruise they'd been on. :confused: They'd been on the ship maybe 2 hours and we hadn't even left port yet! I made a sarcastic 'enjoy your cruise' as they got off and fortunatley didn't see them the rest of the week.

I like the reviews where people complain that the cabin steward never introduced themselves so they stopped the tip.

My point to them--if your room is made up and turned down twice a day-- and you get clean towels-- the steward did their job. Too bad they didnt talk with the passengers-- if they talked to all the people the rooms would never get done

That's the truth. I've had to stand in the hall several times over the years and patiently wait while a guest goes on and on making conversation with the steward. In the meantime my wife is in the head and needs toilet paper, please and thank you. ;)

I leave for our cruise on the Carnival Freedom in 3 days and I can't wait. It doesn't matter to me if it is our 1st cruise or in this case...our 11th cruise. We always have a fabulous time.

There was a photo review on here last week that started out with the first 3 posts explaining everything that was wrong with the ship. Needless to say I didn't read any further :rolleyes:

I will be doing an extensive photo review of the Freedom when I return so be sure to check it out

I am constantly in awe of what people find to complain about and the scale of the injustice heaped upon them, especially when compared to (insert name of selected alternate, preferred and/or favorite cruise line) who does so much better at only 2-3 times the price Carnival charges....

That being said, there are some terrific reviews that offer pictures and insights invaluable when trying to choose between ships and destinations, and people establish their own audience.

I have started posting a "review" on our last trip. My intent was to let everyone know what I experienced - not necessarilly complain about things.

There are may people from many places with many backgrounds who experience the same thing and have different opinions. One example would be people from a rural area where the nice restraunts are limited, their opportunities to dress up are limited, hotels are not fancy vs a couple from a major metropolitan environment where there are many 4 and 5 star restraunts and hotels, theaters, clubs, etc. A Carnival vacation would be viewed much differently than a Cunard vacation by each of these couples. Not to mention the ships are all different - Dream is a different experience than Victory. I think that IF one uses the reviews to set their expectations there will be fewer complaints.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1797058

A review that is all complaints is one you should just ignore. I do think however, that some complaints are valid and all are good in order to prepare others for what they might expect when cruising that particular ship.

Totally agree. The reviews complaining about the mess that dining was On the otherwise wonderful DREAM. that was true. We did not get served until seven..and we had early seating. People around the three "pariah" tables would be on their dessert....while we begrudging got a menu. I am VIP on Carnival. I am booked on another Carnival Cruise for September.

The silly stuff.... constant complaints....something is wrong. And after we were on the Dream..we were on Caribbean princess. Just as large..owned by Carnival..Dining....a Dream. Food came. Food was hot. Maitre 'D came by every night to ask how we were doing....Now why can the DREAM not do that?

Archived