My dilemma, PLEASE HELP

cantwait4cruise

2nd cruise-- 5 day on Carnival Elation

First cruise I had a little black dress, was perfect ended up wearing a plain sweater top and black pants because of swelling in my feet I couldn't get dress shoes on. wore the only shoes I could which were black flip flops- HATED IT!!!!

So this time I have 2 inch silver sequined thong sandals- (no matter how much I swell up I will still be able to wear them) but anyway any color I put with these shoes the sequins pick up that color,

I am not really able to do dresses now , I am in a wheelchair for the most part so I have a knit pant suit that has a silver ring at the neckline, should I go for something dressier and if I should would some kind of top that had some sequins be dressy enough with black rayon dress pants and those sequined sandals I spoke of

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I really don't want to be completely underdressed and look out of place, but on the other hand I don't want to spend alot of money for new clothes because I have lost 35 pounds in the past 3 months and intend to keep losing before the cruise

2nd cruise-- 5 day on Carnival Elation

First cruise I had a little black dress, was perfect ended up wearing a plain sweater top and black pants because of swelling in my feet I couldn't get dress shoes on. wore the only shoes I could which were black flip flops- HATED IT!!!!

So this time I have 2 inch silver sequined thong sandals- (no matter how much I swell up I will still be able to wear them) but anyway any color I put with these shoes the sequins pick up that color,

I am not really able to do dresses now , I am in a wheelchair for the most part so I have a knit pant suit that has a silver ring at the neckline, should I go for something dressier and if I should would some kind of top that had some sequins be dressy enough with black rayon dress pants and those sequined sandals I spoke of

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I really don't want to be completely underdressed and look out of place, but on the other hand I don't want to spend alot of money for new clothes because I have lost 35 pounds in the past 3 months and intend to keep losing before the cruise

Honey, read my response on the other thread where you posted the picture. Dont mind those who think it is not dressy enough. You do what you can.

My DD is a fulltime wheelchair user and it takes SO much for her to get dressed up and she has swelling in her feet too. She is still in her 20's so she still has the energy to do it but it wont be like that for long.

On our second formal night her feet and ankles were so swollen she could only wear socks with her beautiful dress. do not fret about this. what you have is fine.

:D:D:D

I think you could go with either option. I think you will find lots of ladies that don't dress up much at all. On my last cruise some people did not even change clothes for formal/semi-formal night.

If you don't think the pantsuit looks dressy enough go with the dress pants and sequin top (if you have them already). Since you are losing weight (congratulations, btw) you might not want to purchase new items until you finish.

I had the same swelling issue on my last cruise. Came home and bought sandals with sequins so I would be ready for next cruise.

Don't stress over it; just have a good time. Wear what you feel good in.

thanks Cru1s1ng2009 and Scrapnana-- this makes me feel somewhat better-- I was thinking of crafting up some bling bling or rhinestones on the ring at the neck line just to jazz it up a little but I don't know for sure what I want to do with it yet, but anyways your kind comments made me feel a little better

Don't worry at all about what you described. I have had to wear sparkly sequined flip flops too because my feet often swell badly on cruise ships also. In fact, I always pack such a pair just in case. They are great if the ship hits rough seas too.

I honestly believe no one will look askance at you. Anyone who does is a jerk. Don't give them the time of day.

Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise.

my pleasure. if you listen to everything you read here you will be wearing your wedding dress, never leaving your chair to go to the bathroom, and giving yourself a complex before youre even on board.

its your vacation. you paid for it. the rules are no jeans. and they dont even enforce it because they dont want to lose another cruise sale.

i even asked my mom. she said if your over fifty and have matching shoes, youre good.

have fun!

thanks Cru1s1ng2009 and Scrapnana-- this makes me feel somewhat better-- I was thinking of crafting up some bling bling or rhinestones on the ring at the neck line just to jazz it up a little but I don't know for sure what I want to do with it yet, but anyways your kind comments made me feel a little better

I just had a look at the outfit, and gave you a couple of thoughts.

As for your footwear did you hear about the time I had to wear my Merrell hiking sandals on formal night? :D

Yup. Merrell hiking sandals because I had so many horrid blisters and my feet were so swollen, the sandals were the only footwear I could get on.

I'm certain your sequined sandals will be lovely, and your outfit will too! Don't stress too much -- you will look fine, and not be either the most under- or over- dressed.

Your outfit will fit right in. There will be many women wearing variations of black slacks and pretty tops on CE night.

One cruise Mom brought only one pair of shoes- black neoprene Columbia slides. For CE night she wore black slacks, pretty top and black socks with her sandals.

If you're crafty, why don't you make a blingy thing for your wheelchair? The back of it will be facing out when you sit at dinner, so make a cover for it. I found a picture of something done for a wedding. You could make it appropriate for formal night.

4851237374.jpeg

PS Congrats on your weight loss!

Did I miss something or did Carnival go back to formal nights and away from their elegant evenings? If they didn't, formal isn't necessary at all. What you would wear to a traditional church is perfectly fine.

I don't think you missed anything, I am just trying to figure out what to wear on my cruise, I have a olive green knit pant set that has a silver ring near the neckline and I am wondering if I need something a little dressier for the CE evening in the MDR. I am in a wheelchair for the most part so I really cant do dresses

If you're crafty, why don't you make a blingy thing for your wheelchair? The back of it will be facing out when you sit at dinner, so make a cover for it. I found a picture of something done for a wedding. You could make it appropriate for formal night.

4851237374.jpeg

PS Congrats on your weight loss!

my DD is a paraplegic and we saw this on tv once. She is planning on blinging up her chair too when she gets married to her boyfriend. so sweet!

Bright turquoise rayon material , skirt set, ankle length with twisted sheer rainbow belt

OR

Multicolored sweater with black Rayon dress pants

OR

crinkle tropical floral print tea length dress

and they all work with the sequin sandals, and works for me in the wheelchair :)

Archived