What was your favorite cabin? Your least favorite?

Any cruise, any time. What was the cabin you LOVED? What was the one you really wouldn't do again?

For me, there are a couple of "loved":

I actually loved my interior on Celebrity Century years ago. I was traveling as a solo with a bunch of family couples who all had balconies on the same deck. So I spent time on their balconies, but really enjoyed my quiet, dark at night interior room to myself!

I also loved my first junior suite, on Oasis. Just to have a "normal" sized room (so nice to be in a room the size of a hotel room!), and a large balcony. I was totally hooked!

Of course, the Queens Grill Suite on the QM2 transatlantic was AWESOME!!! Too bad I literally NEVER used the balcony, as it was cold, windy and rainy the whole time!

Least favorite:

Bottom deck interior on Carnival out of Tampa a few years ago. Four day cruise on an older, smaller ship, in the cheapest digs on board, it was like being on fraternity row... Loud at night, and the hallway was a mess in the am.

Same thing on Sovereign back in 2004....

Had a Grand Suite that was BEAUTIFUL last year on Allure. But right below the pool deck, and a surprising amount of noise all the time. Not chairs being moved, but people running above.

What were yours?

I have enjoyed the balcony cabins the most. But we have stayed in Ocean Views and enjoyed them too. I think the deck may have had more impact than the cabin. Deck 9 was a deck too high. I prefer 7 or 8 because we could walk to lower decks and up to deck 11. In the end it really didn't matter. We had a cabin on a ship.:D

Favorite: corner aft on deck 7, Independence of the Seas

Least favorite: corner aft on deck 7, Independence of the Seas

Why? The balcony blew me away! I loved having my own private porthole view and all that space. I even loved the super structure at the end of the ship although I know some people complain that it obscures the view. I think it's beautiful looking, very artistic piece of architecture. But that same balcony experience was marred by the two smokers below us. Aft balcony smoke rises straight up to higher balconies more than port and star board side balconies. It's a lot more intrusive, unfortunately. Oh well, that's a risk you take when you sail with Royal. :(

Best: Loved the 2 bedroom suite on the Disney Magic. Suite had 2.5 bathrooms and walk-in closets in each room. Had full dining room in the suite. Full menus to all restaurants in suite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Server would dress dining room table in tablecloth and place settings then bring dinner to the room course by course. Service was superb. Pure luxury!

Worst: A room on a lower deck on a ship that I can not remember. No windows. I was 9 years old at the time so it was a long time ago. All I can remember is hearing the ocean hitting the side of the ship and praying that it didn't break through somehow.

Best... Grand Suite Voyager and Grand Suite Vision... Very close to those was a Junior Suite on Allure. Center hump HUGE balcony!

And one of my top favorites was a "Family Outside Cabin" on Carnival Freedom. It was on the Spa deck and had no balcony so the cabin extended over the balcony below making it 230 sq. ft. It was just me and my wife. Best part... on Deck 11 (top deck) had a floor to ceiling window. Overnighted in Venice... went to bed looking out over the buildings of Venice to St. Mark's Square. Spectacular.

Worst: Easy... last cabin aft bottom deck on Carnival Glory. Vibrated like crazy, and had a work space behind. But in defense, it was very cheap and I knew what I was getting into. Second worst was an "Obstructed view outside" on Carnival Legend. Nice cabin, had opening french doors with a lifeboat just outside (thus no balcony). Again VERY cheap. Biggest negative was it was right above the Piano Bar. Luckily we liked the Piano Bar and spent every night in there. Figured we were going to listen to the singing anyway, might as well have a good time.

But it was also one of those things that I knew when I booked it what it would be like. So I can't complain.

Never had a Royal Caribbean cabin that I didn't like.

Favourite on RCI - Presidential Suite on Indy - now that's a cabin!!!

Least fave - made a HUGE mistake once on Princess when they ran a "run of the ship" promo. The first time we did this, we got a balcony room and were thrilled. The second time - AN INSIDE! UGH!

Radiance, corner aft, Alaska July 2011

Favorite cruise period, also the most expensive cruise ever - worth every penny.

Least - Majesty - any interior cabin (sooooooooooooo small)

Most favorite, a balcony cabin on any Royal ship. Least favorite, a Promenade Cabin on any Royal ship, although I only stayed in one on Mariner. One was enough. I don't like the way the beds are situated. I guess I also wouldn't like ablut half of the cabins on Oasis or Allure since they have the same set up. Luckily, my balcony on Oasis was just the way I like it, bed by the balcony.

I have been in many insides, including years ago in the teeny tiny cabins of Song of Norway and Song of America. I would still take those over a Promenade.

Each cabin we have had has been our favourite at the time. As we moved up through the categories so the previous ones were relegated down the favourites list.

On RCCL our first cabins (with a family) were D1 balconies and an outside. They were great. Our first pair of aft JS's were a "wow" for all the extra space and the huge balconies. The first Royal Family suite was like an apartment at sea. The L1 Loft suite on Allure for the fantastic views and massive showers, as well as the club like feel of the deck itself. Last year the Royal suite was "wow, wow, wow! So nice we never wanted to leave.

Of course the problem is now, that we are very limited with how to get an even better fix. :)

Best:

RCCL; Royal suites across Voyager class

Carnival; Penthouses overlooking pool deck across Fantasy class

NCL; Owners suites front of Norway, Haven owners suite on Norwegian Pearl

Crystal; Crystal serenity Penthouse

Silver Seas; Silver Cloud Royal Suite

Worst: Have not had that experience.

My favorite cabin was an Owners Suite on Voyager of the Seas. I was upgraded two weeks before our cruise. My parents, two brothers and sil's were on the cruise with us. It was the perfect cabin to entertain in. The bathroom with the double sink, shower (large stall, not clam shell) and whirlpool tub were great too. The TV went out half-way through the cruise, but the staff was more concerned about it that we were. What an amazing room.

My next favorite was a Aft Jr. Suite on Granduer of the Seas. Very roomy and comfortable - and bonus- it came with a tea kettle. Spent a lot of time out on the balcony just relaxing.

I have stayed in many balcony and inside cabins and enjoyed them also.

My least favorite was on another line. Our aft cabin in Pride of Aloha was so small that when they opened the love seat/sofa bed there was not room to walk between it and the bed (about 3" clearance). In addition, the balcony was tiny. The cabin was also dirty, so we cleaned it ourselves. The airconditioning was also bad and finally stopped on one of the last days of the cruise. They spent a few hours getting it fixed.

Any cruise, any time. What was the cabin you LOVED? What was the one you really wouldn't do again?

Best: Deluxe Verandah Suite on HAL Zuiderdam. Wow.

Runner-up: Grand Suite on RCL Rhapsody. Ahh.

Worst: Cat N Inside on RCL Enchantment. Tiny.

Runner-up: Concierge Class on X Century. Disappointing.

My favorite cabin is Jr Suite 7644 on the Allure. We had it last month on our cruise and we loved it so much I booked it for our cruise next year. It is a really good size and I LOVE the walk in closet and having a tub in the bathroom. Plus it is just above the Boardwalk and just below Central Park, the location was perfect! It is starboard side (I think?) so when we were docked we were beside the other ships and had a perfect view of their gangway from our balcony so we could watch the people run to make it back to their ship if they were late.

My least favorite might be the Promenade cabin on the Explorer; I didn't like having to remember to keep closing the blinds so the people in the cabins across the Promenade from us couldn't see in.

Archived