I need advice to book Carnival Legend for Dec. 2013

hd78xl

Help!

This will be my third Carnival Cruise. I have never booked from Carnival directly, but have read about all the price drop credits, upgrades and OBCs. :eek: I need this cruise to be the most cost efficient as possible, because I am paying for my mom as well. The cruise I want to book is 7 day Carnival Legend Dec. 15, 2013 from Tampa to Western Carribean. Thank you!

Early Saver (ES) is the program with the price protection offered all the way up to the final couple of days before the cruise date. This is the program where if you find price drops you can submit in the forms to get the OBC. The problem some find with this program is there are many penalties involved for various kinds of changes or if you need to cancel. It's important to know the rules and decide for yourself if this is the program for you.

I always book early saver and love getting the OBC when there are price drops. I check multiple times daily for drops in prices for my category.

Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise! I've sailed the Legend twice and have had great cruises both times. Be sure to consider booking the interior cabin with the french doors that open up to the outside. The views are obstructed and there is no balcony but the price is not too bad for these cabins. They are on deck 4 and are in the 4k category.

A few months back I would have said the same ,go with early saver.

Now rethinking that process with the new programs Carnival offers.

I would call Carnival and request a PVP and let them help you decide.

With only three cruises and the fact that Carnival changes the rules quicker ,

than mickey mouse beats the crap out of cats, it's your better option ;)

Early Saver (ES) is the program with the price protection offered all the way up to the final couple of days before the cruise date. This is the program where if you find price drops you can submit in the forms to get the OBC. The problem some find with this program is there are many penalties involved for various kinds of changes or if you need to cancel. It's important to know the rules and decide for yourself if this is the program for you.

I always book early saver and love getting the OBC when there are price drops. I check multiple times daily for drops in prices for my category.

Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise! I've sailed the Legend twice and have had great cruises both times. Be sure to consider booking the interior cabin with the french doors that open up to the outside. The views are obstructed and there is no balcony but the price is not too bad for these cabins. They are on deck 4 and are in the 4k category.

I totally agree with this post-we have done the Legend twice, once with balcony and once with the french door (interior). I worried that these would be noiser cabins than most, they were wonderful, and we found that we really dont spend a lot of time in the cabin. We have since our first cruise, booked early saver, and check often with price drops-I didn't find any for the Legend, and we booked a year and a half out. Great ship. I do find that the Fantasy class seems to offer more price drops, but the Legend was worth every penny. I hope you have a great cruise. Oh the advantage of booking directly online is that you put down your deposit, and then pay the balance over time, makes it a little easier.

I totally agree with this post-we have done the Legend twice, once with balcony and once with the french door (interior). I worried that these would be noiser cabins than most, they were wonderful, and we found that we really dont spend a lot of time in the cabin. We have since our first cruise, booked early saver, and check often with price drops-I didn't find any for the Legend, and we booked a year and a half out. Great ship. I do find that the Fantasy class seems to offer more price drops, but the Legend was worth every penny. I hope you have a great cruise. Oh the advantage of booking directly online is that you put down your deposit, and then pay the balance over time, makes it a little easier.

It looks as though the difference between early saver and supper saver is $60. If I am getting an interior basic 4 person room, do you think the price could drop between now and Dec? Also, is it user friendly to check for upgrades/price drops? Thanks you in advance for your help! HD78XL

Also, my 12 & 9 year old are sailing with me. Did the kids on board seem to enjoy the slide?

It looks as though the difference between early saver and supper saver is $60. If I am getting an interior basic 4 person room, do you think the price could drop between now and Dec? Also, is it user friendly to check for upgrades/price drops? Thanks you in advance for your help! HD78XL

Also, my 12 & 9 year old are sailing with me. Did the kids on board seem to enjoy the slide?

Any chance you could go a week or two earlier? 12/1 and 12/8 is $320 cheaper ($80X4).

I'd book Early Saver as there is a good chance for price drops on Dec. cruises. You need to know that there are no name changes allowed. Don't know your Mom's age or health but you're probably safe to book ES if you're pretty confident she is going for sure.

The slide is really slow for kids. I went down it for fun and put all my weight in my heels and back (on my bathing suit knot) and flew down! But I really think weight is to your advantage on it. I also heard from others to make sure to but suntan lotion on because the stream of water isn't wide enough so the lotion/oil helps on he spots where you hit dry slide. Hope that helps!

I think the chances are good for a price drop for a Dec cruise.

I asked my daughter what she thought of the slide on the spirit class ships (Legend, Pride etc)..she was 11-13 when she sailed on them...she said they were just "okay" (one twister) compared to the slides on the smaller Fantasy class ships (Fantasy, Fascination, Sensation etc). They have the water works area up on deck....2 racer slides and a twister and water sprinkler thingy.

Booking an inside cabin for 4 people-- plese reconsider and look at the price difference for a 4K which features a french door that opens for fresh air.

BUT this cabin will give you a sofa which is a bed and an upper bed giving you much more space to move about the cabin.

booking a regular inside room there will be two uppers. to give you move space in the cabin the beds on the floor will need to be seperated and placed under the bed.

for the little bit more to upgrade to the french door cabin will be money worth spent

I will check that out tonight. Do these price drop often or upgrade? Thanks

by reading the boards we would think most cruises come down in price. in 18 cruises only 2 ever came down.

you will have to do the math to see what is the best possible price.

you also want to figure out the price of putting the kids in an inside cabin across the hall from you. You'd be surprised how low the difference can be.

but you will need to figure out the math.

First cruise I saved over 700 by putting 5 of us in an inside cabin. New cruises it was only a 200 difference to put them in their own cabin.

• 6 months later...

Archived