Breeze 6 Day vs Victory 5 Day??

We've booked the Victory 5 Day to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau in August, however been doing some research (that I probably shouldn't have! haha) and found the 6 Day on the Breeze going to Grand Turk, Nassau and Key West leaving a week later and they're about the same price wise....Now I've done the Victory itinerary on the Ecstasy and love the islands (minus Nassau) however I'm dying to go on the Breeze because it looks amazing. Also this is our honeymoon and my future husband has never been on a cruise before so I kind of want to "wow" him with this trip! That being said I think the Breeze might have more options for activities and may be something he'd like a little more. Any advice on the situation from those who've been on the Breeze or Victory? What would you do?

You might be surprised. Breeze has severely downscaled the entertainment: less live music, shorter and worse shows. If you enjoy the shows in the theater, you will be very disappointed in the Breeze's shows. Victory still has the same types of shows that you remember.

However, if the shows and live music don't matter to you, you will probably enjoy Breeze more. Breeze has more food options, a far superior waterpark, the ropes course, and the 5D theater (for an extra cost). So it depends on what you're into. Breeze has more fun stuff to keep you busy, but you're sacrificing entertainment.

You might be surprised. Breeze has severely downscaled the entertainment: less live music, shorter and worse shows. If you enjoy the shows in the theater, you will be very disappointed in the Breeze's shows. Victory still has the same types of shows that you remember.

However, if the shows and live music don't matter to you, you will probably enjoy Breeze more. Breeze has more food options, a far superior waterpark, the ropes course, and the 5D theater (for an extra cost). So it depends on what you're into. Breeze has more fun stuff to keep you busy, but you're sacrificing entertainment.

We are just two weeks off the Breeze and I totally agree with these comments. Didn't care for the production shows but loved the watersides, ropes course, Red Frog Pub, and just all the outside areas. Plus, I would take 6 days over 5 any day. Personally, I love HMC but have never been to Key West, so both itineraries are appealing. I have never been on Victory, but sure did like the Breeze. Nice decor also.

If you can cancel the Victory without penalty, I would definitely do that and go on the Breeze, simply because it is a newer, bigger ship with more amenities. Don't get me wrong, I love the Victory and have sailed on her twice, and it was good enough in 2007 for me to be wowed by cruising. But knowing what I know now, the Breeze would win out. And don't let the naysayers get you worried about the entertainment. Yes, some things have changed, but it should be up to you whether you like the new way or not. Maybe you will, maybe you won't. And your husband isn't going to know either way.

Thanks for all your input. I'm leaning towards rebooking the Breeze! I've never expereienced all the new 2.0 upgrades. I was on the Liberty just before she got them, so I'm excited to see and try everything out! I'll be calling my PVP this afternoon :D

• 6 months later...
We've booked the Victory 5 Day to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau in August, however been doing some research (that I probably shouldn't have! haha) and found the 6 Day on the Breeze going to Grand Turk, Nassau and Key West leaving a week later and they're about the same price wise....Now I've done the Victory itinerary on the Ecstasy and love the islands (minus Nassau) however I'm dying to go on the Breeze because it looks amazing. Also this is our honeymoon and my future husband has never been on a cruise before so I kind of want to "wow" him with this trip! That being said I think the Breeze might have more options for activities and may be something he'd like a little more. Any advice on the situation from those who've been on the Breeze or Victory? What would you do?

LOL I just went through the same thing as you did. At first, I booked the same Victory 5 day interinary to surprise my friend as my birthday gift to her. It'll be her first time on a cruise. Then I did a little research afterwards and it turned out that the 6 day on Breeze has about the same price. Breeze has more extra features than Victory...and plus she's newer and bigger. I decided to switch the booking to Breeze (without any penalty) because I know my friend is going to be wowed for sure. We (and other friend who joins with us) will be sailing on the Breeze on December 1st, 2013. Can't wait!

One more thing in common: Like you, I was aboard on Liberty before going on Breeze :)

Cant say it any louder BREEZE!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your input. I'm leaning towards rebooking the Breeze! I've never expereienced all the new 2.0 upgrades. I was on the Liberty just before she got them, so I'm excited to see and try everything out! I'll be calling my PVP this afternoon :D

I think the extra day makes going Breeze a no brainer, not to mention the whole new ship factor. I agree with previous posters about the entertainment cutbacks on Breeze, which was disappointing, but the Breeze still has lots to offer that Victory does not and you should give her a try with the extra day!

Archived