Red Ginger

Glenndale

Despite what they do in Chile... they are fishing the fish to extinction because of the local economics, just like Mexico did with the Gulf of California which they harvested it to become a dead sea.

I would ask you google the topic because it is rather real and according to my research many of the culinary leaders of the world are not using the fish because the consumption is way beyond sustainable... I too have relatives who work for NOAA and Scrippts who tell me the same thing.

It is happening too with Red Fish in the Gulf.

All I am saying is it is real and it is not getting better. We can be part of the solution or part of the problem.

Where is is called Patagonian Tooth Fish!!!!

Doesn't sound as cute as Sea Bass.

A note that this April 2013, the fisheries minister in Chile, in order to help save the fishing economy and the Chilean economy as a whole authorized a 500% increase in catch limits.

Maybe a parallel could be drawn to the 'Easter Island" forest products production.

Amen to that...food, your or my likes are totally personal. Maybe its just me but I cant recall ever getting a bad meal on any cruise...I never left hungry or frustrated just happy

I would say that I am surprised that they serve sea bass as it is an endangered fish which most all restaurants here in the US will not serve because of the gross overfishing... As I remember Wolfgang Puck led this awareness....

The same Wolfgang Puck who railed against Foie Gras, even while his own restaurants were serving it? Yes Sea Bass sounds "cuter" than Patagonian Toothfish. It seems to depend where the critter was caught as to whether it's been overfished.

There also an App for that ;)

Archived