Does Camp Carnival Check on ages?

melly923

We are crusing in a few weeks with our four year old and our ALMOST 2 year old. He will only be short by a few weeks. Just wondering if I was to fib on his age on the Camp Carnival paperwork, would they actually check against the ship manifest?

Has anyone had experience with this?

We are crusing in a few weeks with our four year old and our ALMOST 2 year old. He will only be short by a few weeks. Just wondering if I was to fib on his age on the Camp Carnival paperwork, would they actually check against the ship manifest?

Has anyone had experience with this?

We sailed Carnival when our son was 5, but tried to get him into the 6+ group with his brother. We "stretched" this age and they checked the manifest. Luckily, it was a 3 day cruise and they gave him a trial period. The trial period was just the first visit. On picking him up they said he played well with the other kids and was not a problem. We were allowed to leave him in the group.

Our daughter was 23 months of age on her first cruise, but we knew she had her birthdate. Not a problem keeping her with us. She was old enough by her second cruise.

I imagine that every cruise or so, the kids' staff will hear "but my child is mature for his/her age." I wouldn't blame them for sticking to the age requirement for each group. And just think, for the older groups, the kids at the top of the age group will prefer not to have the little ones hanging out with them.

We sailed Carnival when our son was 5, but tried to get him into the 6+ group with his brother. We "stretched" this age and they checked the manifest. Luckily, it was a 3 day cruise and they gave him a trial period. The trial period was just the first visit. On picking him up they said he played well with the other kids and was not a problem. We were allowed to leave him in the group.

I know that sometimes happens for "almost" age children between age groups. But it does not work for the initial minimum age requirements of 2 or 3, depending on the cruise line. As noted, if they let one "almost" in, then they would need to let all "almosts" in, and then the age minimum (and the liability insurance associated with it) would be meaningless.

Thank you for giving your firsthand experience with trying to fudge an age. The crew really does check the manifest and with good reason because I'm sure there are many parents who would like to fudge that way. (I have seen questions from others about even trying to lie on the booking documents to get a child into one of the programs. That, of course, is an extraordinarily bad idea because the booking information absolutely must match the ID documents of birth certificate or passport.)

beachchick

We went on carnival last year with 7 children with our group and they do check all the ages on the computer with your file. And they will not let them into the other groups even if it is a few weeks. One child was the only one in the one group by a month and would not allow him to go into the other group or an older one come down to his. Sorry because I get it because all my children are 3 years apart so this is always a problem for us. Depending on how social they are there is lots of friends to be made.

That is what I assumed and we knew he wouldn't be old enough when we booked. Just thought I would ask. :D Can't blame a mom for trying. My 4 year old is pretty shy so he might not be into camp anyway.

Archived