Tasting included with drink package?

andreaseltzer

HOWEVER - since you can have anything you want, you just ask one at a time for a very short pour of each of the ones you want to taste - as long as they aren't over $12, you can sort of create your own tasting. If you make friends with the bartender, you might even work it out more easily.

Enomatic - most of the wines are available by the glass from Cellarmasters, so you won't miss it so much - again, staying within the price (or paying the over amt). One small downside, you won't be able to get a taste of that expensive bottle.

When we have room service, my husband takes both cards and gets the wine and brings it back to the room. We don't do room service often, but on occasion if we have been on a tour that gets back very late, we just eat in the cabin, ordering from the MDR menu.

We have the minibar stuff emptied out so we can pick up bottles of water every time we pass a bar so we have it in the fridge - then we take 2-3 bottles on our shore excursions. It saves time when leaving the ship. We use a big bottle of Evian for tooth-brushing and pill taking.

We get bottles of beer to bring back if we are having snacks while getting dressed. We just ask the bartender not to open it. Make sure you bring an opener though. I'm sure your steward can get one, but it is just easier to bring one.

The most fun I had with the premium package was having a chocolate martini at embarkation just because I could. It is too sweet a drink for me to have any other time.

Have a fun cruise - and experiment!

Beth

Just wanted to agree that the package makes it fun and easy to try new drinks. My husband also tried the chocolate martini - a drink he would never normally order - and he loved it!

Archived