? Harbor nights 2013 ?

dkcmb1981

Will there be a Harbor night festival on wed in Hamilton on May 8th 2013 ? The music and Gombey dancers were great last year and we were there the same week but I thought maybe without ships docking in hamilton they wont do it ... I hope I'm wrong --- fingers crossed. What ever they do at the Dock yard isnt untill later in May right? How about the beach club party at snorkel beach -- will they do that in early may? I read where when they do that they have a happy hour with free entrance to the park , just for an hour or so around 5. can anyone confirm that?

I recall reading something in the past few days that said the exact schedule and nature of Harbour Nights was going to be announced shortly. I think the announcement was delayed a bit because they were still nailing down the details.

In the past, the festivities at Dockyard were held on Monday nights and didn't start until late June. I haven't seen a word about what, if anything, is being planned for this year, nor am I familiar with what takes place at Snorkel Park.

Probably we'll know a lot more sometime in the next few weeks.

I've never been to Bermuda and am going in May. What and where are Harbor Nights?

It's a street festival with vendors selling arts and crafts, food, music, dancing, etc. It's held on Front St. in Hamilton on Wednesday evenings. It looks like this year's schedule calls for Harbour Nights to start on May 1, and end on August 28...a somewhat shorter sesaon than in the past.

I've never been to Bermuda and am going in May. What and where are Harbor Nights?

From Bermuda-attractions.com

Harbor Nights at Hamilton Bermuda essentially features: On-street celebrations from 7 to 10 p.m.

Shops are generally open until 9:00 p.m.

You get to see Bermuda's local Arts and Crafts

Live Music and Entertainment

Food Court

Lots of activities for Children in the Children's Court, including fun castles in all sizes, the ever-popular train, face painting, tattoos and hair braiding.

You can see the Bermuda Regiment band, which marches down Front Street in full regimental apparel with pipes and drums.

In other words, a weekly street fair.

Read the full article here.

SBtS

From Bermuda-attractions.com

Harbor Nights at Hamilton Bermuda essentially features: On-street celebrations from 7 to 10 p.m.

Shops are generally open until 9:00 p.m.

You get to see Bermuda's local Arts and Crafts

Live Music and Entertainment

Food Court

Lots of activities for Children in the Children's Court, including fun castles in all sizes, the ever-popular train, face painting, tattoos and hair braiding.

You can see the Bermuda Regiment band, which marches down Front Street in full regimental apparel with pipes and drums.

In other words, a weekly street fair.

Read the full article here.[/HCOLOR]

SBtS

What time is the last ferry from Hamilton to the Dock Yard? You are just a wealth of information. It has been very helpful. Thank you. Oh one more question. If we hire a Blue Flag taxi for 4 hours how much of Bermuda would we see. We will be on the Celebrity Summit in May. So looking forward to our visit.

What time is the last ferry from Hamilton to the Dock Yard? You are just a wealth of information. It has been very helpful. Thank you. Oh one more question. If we hire a Blue Flag taxi for 4 hours how much of Bermuda would we see. We will be on the Celebrity Summit in May. So looking forward to our visit.

From last year's ferry schedule, the last ferry, only on Wednesday night after Harbour Nights, is at 10pm. The ferry will be filled; start lining up at 9:35PM.

As for the Blue Flag taxi tour, how much you see will depend on what you want to see and do at any stops you make. Remember, you can design your own tour or let the driver/guide show you his Bermuda.

SBtS

Archived