Just returned from Celebrity CruiseTour...Questions?

SEPyle

We returned from our Celebrity Summit Northbound cruise and CruiseTour # 13 last week. I've been wanting to do a review since I know I had so many questions and hopefully I can supply some first hand experience! I've been so busy tweeking all my pictures, I just haven't done the review yet. I'll start now, and if anyone who has a cruise tour planned this summer and has any questions I'll be happy answer any questions and share our experiences.

First of all we had an amazing time! I was really happy with the cruise tour we picked because since it included a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks, I felt like that in itself helped cut down, almost elimating time on a bus. Except for being on the bus from the train station to hotels, most of the time was spent on the domed train cars, which was fantastic! The only time traveling on a bus(official name is a COACH, according to our fantastic Tour Director, Lane), was from Seward to Girdwood and then the next morning from Girdwood to the Anchorage airport.

For others who will be on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, here's some info that was news to me.

1. It's really great how luggage is handled. We got off the ship and simply got on the coach with our carry-on's. Everyone's luggage was claimed for us and we didn't see it till we were at the Prince Alyeska Resort later that day. We were also told we could put cruise clothes in a seperate suitcase and not even see those until the last night in Anchorage.

Even though our tour included the plane, our luggage stayed WITH us. We got on the plane with just our carry-on's. We had a great bus driver who literally drove most of the trip all by himself...and our luggage! After leaving us at the Anchorage airport he drove the 8 hour trip to Fairbanks and our luggage was waiting for us by our rooms right after arriving at Pike's Landing! Oh yes, after landing in Fairbanks and BEFORE getting to Pikes, we were taken to the Museum of the North, and then to see the Alaskan Pipeline. Both quite intersting.

The next morning our bus took us to the train and when we arrived in Denali, our luggage was waiting for us in the room in Denali. Same the rest of the trip...I loved traveling and NOT having to worry about luggage!

2. My thinking was that we would arrive at our hotels early in the day and then venture out from there. WRONG. Day 1: Leaving the ship we first spent about 1 1/2 hours in Seward, then on the way to Girdwood we stopped at a Wildlife Reserve. It was really a decent stop and the first chance to eat a bite. It was after about 1:30, so here's a little advice: Our friend traveling with us had diabeties and eating on schedule important. Since we all ate early on the ship, it would have been nice if Al had a snack...at least some fruit or something from the ship. For me...it was nice to finally feel a little bit hungry for the first time in a

week!;)

3. Do a little research and have a plan as to where to eat. I did my homework and we had a delicous meal at a place in Girdwood where locals frequent, Chair 5. Prices were so much lower and in reality, each stop was similiar. Eating at the hotels are bottom line...eating hotel food. There is however a great restraurant at the Alyeska Prince Hotel, but it's BIG bucks.

It's late so I'll stop for now. We had such a wonderful time, I could go on and on. I'll list more tips tomorrow.

Sharon

Hi, Thanks for posting your review here. I'm on Cruisetour #13 too and disappointed that my TA is not able to tell me the estimated arrival time (the land tour) at each city. So I couldn't make planning or book any excursion since I do not know if we will arrive by that time for our excursion. Glad to see your review and very eager to see your part 2. Hopefully you can include the time of arrival at each destination so it helps me in my planning too.

Your advise of having some snacks to prepare for late lunch during the ride from Seward to Girdwood is very helpful. I've noted that down. Thanks.

We returned from our Celebrity Summit Northbound cruise and CruiseTour # 13 last week. I've been wanting to do a review since I know I had so many questions and hopefully I can supply some first hand experience! I've been so busy tweeking all my pictures, I just haven't done the review yet. I'll start now, and if anyone who has a cruise tour planned this summer and has any questions I'll be happy answer any questions and share our experiences.

First of all we had an amazing time! I was really happy with the cruise tour we picked because since it included a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks, I felt like that in itself helped cut down, almost elimating time on a bus. Except for being on the bus from the train station to hotels, most of the time was spent on the domed train cars, which was fantastic! The only time traveling on a bus(official name is a COACH, according to our fantastic Tour Director, Lane), was from Seward to Girdwood and then the next morning from Girdwood to the Anchorage airport.

For others who will be on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, here's some info that was news to me.

1. It's really great how luggage is handled. We got off the ship and simply got on the coach with our carry-on's. Everyone's luggage was claimed for us and we didn't see it till we were at the Prince Alyeska Resort later that day. We were also told we could put cruise clothes in a seperate suitcase and not even see those until the last night in Anchorage.

Even though our tour included the plane, our luggage stayed WITH us. We got on the plane with just our carry-on's. We had a great bus driver who literally drove most of the trip all by himself...and our luggage! After leaving us at the Anchorage airport he drove the 8 hour trip to Fairbanks and our luggage was waiting for us by our rooms right after arriving at Pike's Landing! Oh yes, after landing in Fairbanks and BEFORE getting to Pikes, we were taken to the Museum of the North, and then to see the Alaskan Pipeline. Both quite intersting.

The next morning our bus took us to the train and when we arrived in Denali, our luggage was waiting for us in the room in Denali. Same the rest of the trip...I loved traveling and NOT having to worry about luggage!

2. My thinking was that we would arrive at our hotels early in the day and then venture out from there. WRONG. Day 1: Leaving the ship we first spent about 1 1/2 hours in Seward, then on the way to Girdwood we stopped at a Wildlife Reserve. It was really a decent stop and the first chance to eat a bite. It was after about 1:30, so here's a little advice: Our friend traveling with us had diabeties and eating on schedule important. Since we all ate early on the ship, it would have been nice if Al had a snack...at least some fruit or something from the ship. For me...it was nice to finally feel a little bit hungry for the first time in a

week!;)

3. Do a little research and have a plan as to where to eat. I did my homework and we had a delicous meal at a place in Girdwood where locals frequent, Chair 5. Prices were so much lower and in reality, each stop was similiar. Eating at the hotels are bottom line...eating hotel food. There is however a great restraurant at the Alyeska Prince Hotel, but it's BIG bucks.

It's late so I'll stop for now. We had such a wonderful time, I could go on and on. I'll list more tips tomorrow.

Sharon

Hi Sharon:

I am glad you had a great trip. We traded posts about Chair 5 and I am glad you liked it. Wasn't it your birthday? What better place to celebrate than in Alaska?

Hi, Thanks for posting your review here. I'm on Cruisetour #13 too and disappointed that my TA is not able to tell me the estimated arrival time (the land tour) at each city. So I couldn't make planning or book any excursion since I do not know if we will arrive by that time for our excursion. Glad to see your review and very eager to see your part 2. Hopefully you can include the time of arrival at each destination so it helps me in my planning too.

Your advise of having some snacks to prepare for late lunch during the ride from Seward to Girdwood is very helpful. I've noted that down. Thanks.

If you care to, post your itinerary and mode of travel and I can give you a good idea of the timeframes.

TSSTHH,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm at work and wrote a detailed post. I had a call and all of a sudden my post went away. It does make a difference with arrival times for each specific cruise tour. Since we were on the same one, I will be glad to help you. If I had had specific info I would have made different plans in Denali so I will be happy to help you not do what I did! Bottom line, I had booked the cabin dinner theater and thought we were safe since it was at 8:30pm. The Tundra Wilderness Tour was fantastic, but we got back after 8:30 to the hotel. We could have gone, but it was pretty late so we decided to forget it.

Over the weekend I will give you detailed info on the other days.

TGIF!

Sharon

Mike,

Yes, I remember picking your brain and so appreciated your input! It was a great evening and they even gave me a flaming shot for my birthday!

Alaska is so wonderful. I know why people go back as often as they can! This will not be our only trip, that's for sure!

Thanks again for all your help!

Sharon

We went to dinner last night with our friend who went with us. I mentioned we got back to Denali after 8:30pm. OOps, how the memory fades when you're on vacation...I was informed we actually got back about 9:30pm! Long but beyond wonderful day!

Summary of arrival times at hotels:

Day 1: Alyeska Prince Resort: around 4pm

Day 2: Pikes/Fairbanks: around 4pm

Day 3: McKinley Village: around 9:30pm

Day 4: Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge: group arrived around

4:45 to 5pm; we arrived after our Summit Flight

Day 5: Anchorage Marriott: around 8-8:15pm

More later,

Sharon

Sharon, Do you also leave early morning (8am?) heading to Denali and arrival only 9.30p.m ?

I'm surprised that the arrival in each destination is actually night or almost evening time. Does it mean there is no much time for activities for landtour portion except sitting in the coach/railcar most of the time ?

Budget Queen, I've also attached is my landtour itinerary if you have any input. Thanks.

==============

Seward, - Alyeska,Alaska

Summit arrives in Seward, where you will be greeted by your Tour Director before traveling by deluxe motorcoach to Alyeska. The remainder of the day is yours to relax and explore this beautiful area. Travel up the Mt. Alyeska Tramway, 2,300 feet above the valley, for extraordinary views. Stay overnight at the Alyeska Prince Resort.

Anchorage, Alaska / Fairbanks, Alaska

Board our deluxe motorcoach to the Anchorage Airport for a flight to Fairbanks. In the afternoon, you'll enjoy a city tour and a visit to the Faibanks Museum where you will learn about Fairbanks history. Your evening is open for exploring or optional excursions such as an Arctic Circle Air and Land Adventure. Overnight in Fairbanks.

Fairbanks, Alaska / Denali, Alaska

In the morning, travel by the Wilderness Express, our glass-domed traincars, to Denali. In the afternoon, you'll embark on the Tundra Wilderness Tour into the six-million-acre Denali National Park. Keep an eye out for Alaska's "big four": caribou, moose, bears and Dall sheep. Overnight in Denali.

Denali, Alaska / Talkeetna, Alaska

In the morning, opt for a land excursion such as river rafting or helicopter flightseeing through Denali National Park. Then enjoy the scenery as you travel by the Wilderness Express®, our glass-domed traincars, to charming Talkeetna, where you'll stay overnight at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. Your evening is free for relaxing in front of the fireplace or taking an optional land excursion

Talkeetna, Alaska /Anchorage, Alaska

Your day is open for optional land excursions such as a Mt. McKinley flightseeing exploration tour or a river-float trip. Then board the Wilderness Express® for a scenic ride to Anchorage for an overnight stay.

Anchorage, Alaska

You will be transferred to the Anchorage Airport for your flight home.

Sharon, Do you also leave early morning (8am?) heading to Denali and arrival only 9.30p.m ?

I'm surprised that the arrival in each destination is actually night or almost evening time. Does it mean there is no much time for activities for landtour portion except sitting in the coach/railcar most of the time ?

Budget Queen, I've also attached is my landtour itinerary if you have any input. Thanks.

==============

Seward, - Alyeska,Alaska

Summit arrives in Seward, where you will be greeted by your Tour Director before traveling by deluxe motorcoach to Alyeska. The remainder of the day is yours to relax and explore this beautiful area. Travel up the Mt. Alyeska Tramway, 2,300 feet above the valley, for extraordinary views. Stay overnight at the Alyeska Prince Resort.

Board our deluxe motorcoach to the Anchorage Airport for a flight to Fairbanks. In the afternoon, you'll enjoy a city tour and a visit to the Faibanks Museum where you will learn about Fairbanks history. Your evening is open for exploring or optional excursions such as an Arctic Circle Air and Land Adventure. Overnight in Fairbanks.

In the morning, travel by the Wilderness Express, our glass-domed traincars, to Denali. In the afternoon, you'll embark on the Tundra Wilderness Tour into the six-million-acre Denali National Park. Keep an eye out for Alaska's "big four": caribou, moose, bears and Dall sheep. Overnight in Denali.

In the morning, opt for a land excursion such as river rafting or helicopter flightseeing through Denali National Park. Then enjoy the scenery as you travel by the Wilderness Express®, our glass-domed traincars, to charming Talkeetna, where you'll stay overnight at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. Your evening is free for relaxing in front of the fireplace or taking an optional land excursion

Your day is open for optional land excursions such as a Mt. McKinley flightseeing exploration tour or a river-float trip. Then board the Wilderness Express® for a scenic ride to Anchorage for an overnight stay.

Anchorage, Alaska

From Seward it's a 2 hour bus ride. Flight to Fairbanks, 1++ hour, Fairbanks-Denali Park via rail leaves 8am arrives noon. Tundra Wilderness tour at least 6++ hours. Denali Park to Talkeetna 3++ hour bus ride, Talkeenta -Anchorage via rail about 4:30pm arrives Anchorage 8:15pm, is this is the bus, it's 2++ hours.

Hi Sharon --

We're on the exact same tour for the August 26th sailing -- how very cool -- thank you for your post!

Question -- Seward -- I heard that it's possible to disembark the ship in Seward and spend a bit of time wandering Seward before heading up to Girdwood on the motor coach -- true?

We'd like to see Exit Glacier and the SeaLife Center, if at all possible, so I'm wondering if we can squeeze that in. I've made a reservation with Hertz in Seward so we can wander around and meet the motor coach later ::hoping!::

Thanks for your help!

~ trish

I'm surprised that the arrival in each destination is actually night or almost evening time.

==============

Seward, - Alyeska,Alaska

Anchorage, Alaska

The reason you arrive late in the day is mainly because of check in times at the various hotels. If it's important to a person to arrive earlier in the day at a hotel/planning excursions after checking in, then that will be easier going on an independent land tour, not thru the cruise line. Personally I loved the itinerary! Actually it wasn't a problem for us because we were busy during the day. The times I quoted are correct for Denali: The train left Fairbanks at 8:00AM; and we didn't get back to the hotel until about 9:30PM! It was a LONG day, but the Tundra Wilderness Tour was so worth it!

Seward: We left the ship around 9:40am. We then drove to downtown Seward and had about 1 1/2 hours on our own. We had our tour savor books and it wasn't a problem using them at the Sea Life Center. I really don't think there would be time to go to Exit Glacier on our own, even if not opting for the Sea Life Center. We talked about this just last night and we will definately stay longer Pre or Post in Seward and Anchorage. I loved our cruise tour and am not sorry at all we did it this way. My husband on the otherhand wants to do the cruise tour again. I actually would like to do it on our own.

Now to answer your question about spending time sitting on the bus or train and not being able to do independent land excursions. You can do them on your own just make sure to do them AFTER arrival times at the hotels. Your quote: "Does it mean there is no much time for activities for landtour portion except sitting in the coach/railcar most of the time ?" We didn't feel at all like we spent time sitting anywhere. Like I said, there is really hardly any time on a coach (on cruisetour #13 anyway). The train is so nice, you are able to eat downstairs (and the prices are actually cheaper than in regular restraurants, and quite good) and when upstairs (dome car) you can move around and I never felt contained at all. I really do feel like I would feel like I was sitting a long time if we had been on a bus, but since the scenery is so beautiful, I was busy taking pictures and the time just flew by!

Bye for now!

Sharon

:o Thanks for sharing your trip. I will be leaving on July 1 for a northbound cruise/tour on the summit and can hardly wait. Are there resturants close by most of the lodges that we can walk to? I think we are staying in different places than you did tho. so this may not be a good question to ask you. Was the ship nice and easy to learn your way around?:confused: I have gotten lost many a times on ships:rolleyes: Anyway thank you for your post.

Mamawok: To answer your question, most of the places we stayed and I would think this would hold true for other places on cruisetours as well: There are shuttles from the hotel into towns. A little advance homework and you will have great eating. Here's my feedback on our stops:

1. Girdwood: Alyeska Prince Hotel: Very expensive dining for both dinner and breakfast. I would ask at front desk how early a shuttle could take you into town and get up a bit earlier than you would need to if staying at the resort and eating. They had a breakfast buffet and it cost $16.95. If I was doing it again I would pick something off the menu because the buffet wasn't worth the cost. For dinner we went into town. We ate at the Chair 5 upon recomendation from Mike. It was great! I had the salmon special but it was prepared the same way they prepare the Halibut special. It is listed as: Halibut Curry with Ginger Hollandaise Sauce (curry dusted, pan seared & topped with ginger hollandaise sauce). Since I'm not big on curry I never would have even considered it...I'm so glad I did because it will go down as one of the best seafood dishes I've ever had. OK, I admit, just writing this is making my mouth water! I just got the details off the following site:

http://www.girdwoodalaska.com/restaurants.html

Great planning material in this site.

2. Fairbanks: We stayed at Pikes. I don't recommend eating at their main restraurant, or do as someone in our group. Order a number of appetizer to go with some drinks or with some delicious Alaska Amber! We went over next door after dinner and had drinks. It was heaven watching the sun go down around midnight. The river was so peaceful and pictures from our balcony will always remind me of a wonderful midnight in Fairbanks!

3. Denali: I covered dinner and breakfast above. Lunch: We had not much time before the Tundra Wilderness and thanks to Budget Queen and others we went over to Subway. They even wrapped the 2nd half seperatly to take on the shuttle.

4. We ate at a place in town called the West Rib. It's frequented by mountain climbers before or after their accent up McKinley. It was a fun place and I had a giant hamburger. Good and simple. I also had a beer that is stronger than most...they only allow 2. It was good, but I love the regular Alaska Amber! Breakfast: A MUST: The Talkeetna Roadhouse! I would say I made a mistake by ordering the full serving of the sourdough pancakes, but I'll just say I couldn't finish! The special was the triple berry (Raspberry, Blackberr and Blueberry). They will go down as the best pancakes I've ever eaten! I also had fun 'hunting and gathering' thru the last 1/2 of pancake picking out the berries!

4. Anchorage: After checking into the Marriott we went to the Glacier Brewhouse. We ate on the train so we really went for a beer and an appetizer. It was yummy. We were also next to the grill where they were preparing food. Looked great!

Hope this helps someone!

Sharon

The ship arrive Seward at 7a.m, can we continue with our sleep or linger around the ship and have breakfast before get down the ship ? What is the latest time we need to be out of ship ? How would we know when and where is the pickup point for our coach to Girdwood ?

Seward: We left the ship around 9:40am. We then drove to downtown Seward and had about 1 1/2 hours on our own. We had our tour savor books and it wasn't a problem using them at the Sea Life Center. I really don't think there would be time to go to Exit Glacier on our own, even if not opting for the Sea Life Center. We talked about this just last night and we will definately stay longer Pre or Post in Seward and Anchorage. I loved our cruise tour and am not sorry at all we did it this way. My husband on the otherhand wants to do the cruise tour again. I actually would like to do it on our own.

Thank you, Sharon! I'm so excited!

More questions on Seward (can you hear the wheels spinning in my head?) -- when you say that you drove into Seward, does that mean you rented a car? or took a shuttle or taxi of some sort from the pier to the downtown area?

You also said that you spent about 1.5 hours on your own -- how/when did you rendezvous back with Celebrity to head up to Girdwood? Did they just give cruisetour passengers a time and place to show, and everyone gathered on their own?

We've cruised before, but have never done a 'land tour' on any vacation. The whole idea of how they coordinate all this -- given number of people, etc -- makes my head spin. I'm trying to get a sense of the fine line between doing our own thing and not getting left behind! :rolleyes:

Talkeetna -- we're going horseback riding in the afternoon. My understanding is that the train leaves Talkeetna around 4:40pm. We'll get back from the trail ride around 4:00pm -- somewhere in the downtown Talkeetna area. Is it easy to get to the train from there?

Fairbanks -- we've considered doing the Arctic Circle tour listed in the TourSaver book. Any thoughts? (Your description of sunset at midnight was fabulous!)

Thank you very much for your help!

~ trish

. My understanding is that the train leaves Talkeetna around 4:40pm. We'll get back from the trail ride around 4:00pm -- somewhere in the downtown Talkeetna area. Is it easy to get to the train from there?

Fairbanks -- we've considered doing the Arctic Circle tour listed in the TourSaver book. Any thoughts? (Your description of sunset at midnight was fabulous!)

Thank you very much for your help!

~ trish

Yes simple to find the train station. :) I did the toursaver Arctic circle fly/shuttle trip last year, just excellent for the bargain price it is.

AND also think fabulous- March 2003 I had the sunset and aurora both with the aurora continuing through out the night- now that was thrilling!!!

We are taking a different land tour then previously mentioned. We are Tour #8

Day 8 Arrive Seward-Motor Coach to Anchorage overnight.

Day 9 Depart for Talkeetna to board the Wilderness Express overnight in Denali

Day 10 7 hour Tundra Tour then Wilderness Express to Fairbanks

Day 11 Riverboat Discovery and tour of El Dorado stay again in Fairbanks.

If you have any time table for arrivals and departures, and ideas where we will be staying it would be much appreciated. I have taken so many notes from your suggestions, I could fill a book. Thanks for sharing and giving so freely of you time and expertise. Doreen:)

OK, lets see: First things first: BudgetQueen, what a sight that must have been to see the sunset and aurora both with the aurora continuing through out the night!

Question 1: TSSTHH: Our time was set for 9:40am and it was pretty close to that time when they called our #'s. We were instructed to report to a certain area to wait. It was well organized and off we went.

Question 2: waszull:

When we got on the Royal Celebrity Coach (they don't call it a bus!) our first stop was right in front of the Sea Life Center. Seward isn't big at all, so it was a really short bus ride...oops, coach ride!

We were instructed to be back in front of the Sea Life Center and sure enough right on time the coach showed up.

Being left behind isn't a problem at all. They are very specific about where and when to meet. Right away, Lane gave us the guidelines: 1'st time you're late everyone will clap for you; 2nd time you're late every one will boo you; 3rd time you're late; you're left behind! There was only one time we clapped for someone!

Downtown Talkeetna isn't far at all from the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge and they have shuttles going back and forth from the lodge all day. The only thing I'm wondering about is the 4pm time getting back from horse back riding. Is it possible to book it a little earlier in the day? I would feel better with more breathing room. I just called my daughter and she agreed that 4pm is just a little too close for comfort. Here's another possibility: you could set it up with your tour director and have the excursion people take you right to the train station (not far).

Fairbanks: I think BudgetQueen said it all! A couple on our tour did the Artic Circle tour and had good comments about it but I didn't talk to them personnally.

Gotta go, I'll answer more tonight.

Sharon

We are taking a different land tour then previously mentioned. We are Tour #8

Day 8 Arrive Seward-Motor Coach to Anchorage overnight.

Day 9 Depart for Talkeetna to board the Wilderness Express overnight in Denali

Day 10 7 hour Tundra Tour then Wilderness Express to Fairbanks

Day 11 Riverboat Discovery and tour of El Dorado stay again in Fairbanks.

If you have any time table for arrivals and departures, and ideas where we will be staying it would be much appreciated. I have taken so many notes from your suggestions, I could fill a book. Thanks for sharing and giving so freely of you time and expertise. Doreen:)

Doreen: When on the train departure and arrival times are a given because it is all one train, The Alaska Railroad. In addition to the Alaska RR cars, the various cruiselines have domed train cars of their own attached to the same train. If you already know sorry for going over it again, but a lot of people don't know this. Here's the train's timetable:

Anchorage: 8:15am; breakfast served

Talkeetna: 11:25am; lunch served Talkeetna

Denali: 3:45pm; dinner served

Fairbanks: 8:15pm;

For those who are on tours going the other way:

Fairbanks: 8:15am; breakfast served

Denali: 12:01pm; lunch served

Talkeetna: 4:40pm; dinner served

Anchorage: 8:15pm;

In Anchorage most people stay on Celebrity at the Marriott, a really nice new hotel close to everything.

It looks as though you will be on the train going thru Talkeetna, but not stopping. In Denali you will be staying at either the McKinley Chalet Resort or the McKinley Village Lodge. We stayed at the latter and was not overly impressed. Decent, but properites in the other locations were much nicer. Where would you suggest to eat Budget Queen? Someone mentioned the pizza place in town is good, but I didn't do my homework on that one!:confused:

Fairbanks: Most likely you will be staying at either Pikes Waterfront Lodge or Sophie Station. I loved the hotel. We had a room on the side by the river with a nice little balcony. I have a feeling they arrange it so one night you have a view; the next night other people have a view. It worked that way for us and for others we knew anyway. Hint: Since you will be on the train till 8:15 I would make sure to eat on the train if you are staying at Pikes. As I mentioned before since the food isn't wonderful, that way you could eat on the train then go next door (part of Pikes) and sit on the deck overlooking the river and have a drink/desert or whatever. They have food there too, but others on our tour weren't that impressed with the food either. Again my opinion.

Hope this helps a bit. I would have loved more information on the logistics so I'm happy to share.

Sharon

I'm thinking of taking the Resurrection Bay Morning Paddle with Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking Company. This trip is from 9a.m - 12p.m . Do you think we can make it for this kayak trip ? What time is the motorcoach departure towards Girdwood ?

Can you tell me about the plane from Anchorage to Fairbanks? What size plane was it and was it a charter plane or a regularly scheduled one.

It's Alaska Airline, go to their web site for listed aircraft.

I posted this question earlier but probably wasn't too clear. Hope you can advise me what is the departure time from Seward to Girdwood ? Because I''m trying to see if I can make it to a kayak excursion "Resurrection Bay Morning Paddle" from 9a.m - 12p.m, while in Seward after the cruise(before heading Girdwood). Advise appreciated.

Archived