Change of Cabin

sotiris

We booked out September Canada/New England cruise at the beginning of January and chose a cabin. When I checked on the NCL site it shows a different cabin number, about 4 down from the original one. Not a big difference but not the one we chose. It is still the same category. Is it in the fine print that they can do this? :confused:

I have contacted our travel agent but she is not in the office today.

We booked out September Canada/New England cruise at the beginning of January and chose a cabin. When I checked on the NCL site it shows a different cabin number, about 4 down from the original one. Not a big difference but not the one we chose. It is still the same category. Is it in the fine print that they can do this? :confused:

I have contacted our travel agent but she is not in the office today.

Unless you booked a handicapped cabin, they don't usually move you unless there's an issue with that cabin. But your cruise is so far out, that should't be the reason. You'll have to talk to your TA to get an answer, but please report back. Do you have your original booking confirmation with the other cabin # on it?

Just reporting back. It looks like it may have been a typo error by our TA. I recall looking at the booking right after we had booked but I can't recall what it said. Wish I had printed it out then.

The invoice we received when we booked does say ***30 while NCL says ***38. As I said its not a big deal but it sure took me by surprise. Thank goodness it was just a few doors away.

TA is going to keep looking to see if the original cabin does come up but I think the ship looks pretty full. I'm sure the second cabin will be fine.

Just reporting back. It looks like it may have been a typo error by our TA. I recall looking at the booking right after we had booked but I can't recall what it said. Wish I had printed it out then.

The invoice we received when we booked does say ***30 while NCL says ***38. As I said its not a big deal but it sure took me by surprise. Thank goodness it was just a few doors away.

TA is going to keep looking to see if the original cabin does come up but I think the ship looks pretty full. I'm sure the second cabin will be fine.

If I were you I would keep checking myself for an alternate cabin location. On our cruise on the Star I wanted one of the only 8 BA balcony cabins on the 11th deck. They were all booked when I booked the cruise. I kept checking and lucked up and saw one open up and I was able to get it changed.

I noticed just before and just after final payment date two others opened up so you might get lucky and get the cabin you wanted or another one that you will like better. I just wouldn't depend solely on the TA to keep checking for you.

Archived