Carnival Fascination Packing Questions

dctm06

Thanks for everyone's help in advance! We haven't cruised in over 10 yrs and never with kids. Can someone pls answer my questions below?

1. My 5yr old will only drink juice (Apple) and water. Can I bring him some boxed apple juices on board or at breakfast time are there boxed juices I could save for him throughout the day?

2. What is the cost of a soda card for a 16yr old? Is it around $25

3. Tips - what is the amount that w/ automatically be added to our S&S card?

4. Room service - if we order room service are we charged a % on our S&S card or is this only if we order beverages?

5. I read we are allowed 2 suitcases per person (there are 4 of us). Does the 2 pieces per person include carry on? We plan on bringing on a small soft cooler to keep in the room- we could probably pack this.

6. Can we pack snacks - cheese cracker, gum, etc...just some things for our kids. Also, when in port can we take bottled water off the ship in our backpack - same question for snacks

7. I saw we are allowed a 12 pack pp - no more than 20oz of water pp. I am guessing this would apply to sodas as well - we could bring these on. We do plan on taking a refillable water bottle.

8. Do most people just check their bags and they end up at their room or should we carry them on with us. It says on our boarding pass we can boarding beginning at 1pm, but I read somewhere else we could board beginning at 10:30am. Ship leaves at 4pm I believe.

SORRY for all the questions!

Just got off Fascination yesterday.

1. You can bring on juice boxes and sodas. Apple juice is available tho on board. Free thru room service and at breakfast.

2. don't know about soda card.

3. Tips were 57.50 pp for a 5 day cruise.

4. Room service is free except for soft drinks and alcoholic drinks. Just tip the waiter a few dollars. They add the drinks to your S&S.

5. They suggest 2 suitcases pp but there really is no limit. We took 6 between us.

6. Yes you can pack snacks. We brought a suitcase full.

7. I don't really think they care about how much water and/or soda you bring. I saw people bringing on cases of water.

8. You're stuck with your carry-on bags until room is ready. We checked most of ours but we were allowed to go to our room immediately cause I'm platinum. Even tho the doors are closed that lead to the cabins, they aren't locked. You can always just drop off your bags in your room and head to Lido.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

According to the website, the Bottomless Bubbles is $4.50 per day for a child and $6.00 per day for an adult, so for a child, the package would be $18.00 for the 4 day itinerary and $22.50 for the 5 day sailing.

Need to add 15% for the gratuity to those prices.

We wait until we are out of port to save the tax.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance! We haven't cruised in over 10 yrs and never with kids. Can someone pls answer my questions below?

8. Do most people just check their bags and they end up at their room or should we carry them on with us. It says on our boarding pass we can boarding beginning at 1pm, but I read somewhere else we could board beginning at 10:30am. Ship leaves at 4pm I believe.

SORRY for all the questions!

I'm curious on the embarkation time as well. My boarding pass says 1-3p but I had planned on being there ASAP in the AM (10:30A-ish). Did JAXport/Carnival change the times? Or are they just suggesting that so not everyone gets there early?

1. My 5yr old will only drink juice (Apple) and water. Can I bring him some boxed apple juices on board or at breakfast time are there boxed juices I could save for him throughout the day?

Just be aware that the "juices" from the lido deck dispensers are all juice cocktails (i.e., water, sugar, flavorings, and a negligible amount of actual juice).

I'm curious on the embarkation time as well. My boarding pass says 1-3p but I had planned on being there ASAP in the AM (10:30A-ish). Did JAXport/Carnival change the times? Or are they just suggesting that so not everyone gets there early?

You can board earlier. I was on it this past week (Feb 25-Mar 2). We did a park and stay at a hotel (where you can leave your car at the hotel and not have to pay to park at the port) and shuttled to the port at 11am. I guess we were all set and on board about fifteen til 1. There were people already boarding when we got there.

As for checking suitcases... On our first cruise, the Destiny out of Miami, we just carried our luggage on. In Jacksonville, however, they made us check our larger suitcase (the same suitcase we were able to carry on on the Destiny). Looked like their baggage scanners were a bit smaller than in Miami. So if you do take boxed juices, be sure to take them out of any larger pieces of luggage, since water/drinks do have to be in carry-ons.

Archived