Young Couple - Honeymoon Advice!

funsun88

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting on anything like this so I hope that this works to help my fiancé and I book our honeymoon!

We are looking to do a Mediterranean cruise and have found an itinerary that we really like on the Celebrity Silhouette cruising from Rome to Venice on September 3, 2013. (it includes a lot of the Greek islands that I'm dying to see!)

We are both young (26 & 28) and are fairly active people. We aren't big partiers but we definitely enjoy wine with dinner and fun with a couple drinks while on vacation!

I am wondering if the Celebrity Silhouette will be a good fit for a young couple or whether it tends to have an older crowd? We get along quite well with any age group so I guess I am really asking about the "fun-factor".

I would love to hear advice on this!

Also, we are thinking about flying into Florence on Aug 28 and staying there for 3 nights before taking the train to Rome for 3 nights pre-cruise. Then post-cruise we are going to stay in Venice for 3 nights. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels or "must do" things for a couple on their honeymoon?

Thank you in advance! :D

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Your plans for pre and post cruise -- staying in a few places and seeing the sights are wonderful.

Celebrity will have all age groups - the Med is a very port intensive group - attacting everyone.

Something special to do -- book one of the speciality restaurants on the ship for a nice evening.

Check out the Celebrity board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Join your Roll Call here and see what others are doing in the ports here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613655

Check out the Ports of Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

You can ask about hotels on the Ports of Call as well.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting on anything like this so I hope that this works to help my fiancé and I book our honeymoon!

We are looking to do a Mediterranean cruise and have found an itinerary that we really like on the Celebrity Silhouette cruising from Rome to Venice on September 3, 2013. (it includes a lot of the Greek islands that I'm dying to see!)

We are both young (26 & 28) and are fairly active people. We aren't big partiers but we definitely enjoy wine with dinner and fun with a couple drinks while on vacation!

I am wondering if the Celebrity Silhouette will be a good fit for a young couple or whether it tends to have an older crowd? We get along quite well with any age group so I guess I am really asking about the "fun-factor".

I would love to hear advice on this!

Also, we are thinking about flying into Florence on Aug 28 and staying there for 3 nights before taking the train to Rome for 3 nights pre-cruise. Then post-cruise we are going to stay in Venice for 3 nights. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels or "must do" things for a couple on their honeymoon?

Thank you in advance! :D

Sounds like an incredible trip. I've never sailed on Celebrity but that type of itinerary tends to be port intensive - which is the kind of trip we like. So the ports tend to be more important than the ship.

I checked the Celebrity website for your cruise - wow. Longer cruises do tend to attract older folks since they have more "time" available. But if you get along with all sorts of people you should have a good time. You'll be on your honeymoon - who cares who else is on the ship. :D

You might want to ask more cruise line specific questions on the Celebrity board and port questions in the port area of the board. Look at the deck plans for your ship to see what's available on-board.

Also read some of the reviews for that ship and itinerary - although be prepared to take some of them with a grain of salt.

One thing I do while preparing for a cruise is to check the ports, etc. on Google Earth. You can get an idea of where things are located in relation to the port area, etc. I look for places we want to see and then look to see where hotels are located near by (for before and after the cruise) and then look for restaurants, etc.

Welcome to CC and congratulation on your upcoming wedding.

Hi funsun88,

don't worry about age!

For our honeymoon (both 29) we went on a 12-day Hurtigruten round trip. People thought we were crazy. Shall I say that Hurtigruten isn't really known for its youthful atmosphere? :D I think we were the youngest on board by about... oh... 25 to 30 years for the first half of the trip. After that staff had family visiting (christmas) and there were a few people our age and younger children for at least parts of the return journey (although most people who got on in Kirkenes were 70+). We LOVED it! And we'd do it again... if it wasn't so expensive.

We (now mid 30s) have just booked our first Celebrity cruise for November (TA). It's a longer cruise, involves long flights for anyone, and is outside of school holidays so we expect it will attract an older crowd... and we couldn't care less. We know we will enjoy it. And I sure hope there will be drinks and wine with dinner ;)

Florence, Rome, Venice and a cruise... sounds like a dream come true! It will be very port intensive so don't worry about the crowd. I am sure that after a long, hot day exploring a Greek island you will enjoy a relaxed atmoshpere over dinner and a drink or two afterwards.

It's your honeymoon! It's all about you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Your plans sound as if they are well thought out and you should not worry about age. You will be with older cruisers. But you will be busy going into the ports and older, experienced cruisers could be helpful with information they have gleaned from their previous cruises. Congratulations and Bon Voyage.

~Doris~

Thank you all so much for your replies. We have taken your advice and have gone ahead and booked a beautiful verandah suite on the 7th deck!

You are all completely right that it is our honeymoon and all that matters is the two of us. Plus we are looking forward to meeting other couples of all ages.

Krazy Kruizers thank you so much for telling us about the Roll Call. We have joined our roll call and have already gotten some great advice there!

We are looking forward to our first of hopefully many cruises!

:cool:

Archived