Waitlisted- what should I know?

Brianinidaho

Yesterday looked at a cruise for later this week as I am in Florida and had some plans change and can do a short one. At 3 pm a reseller showed the cruise was available. It took a few hours to have others in my cabin decide to do this and went right to carnival site and it showed the sailing but when I tried to book 2,3 or even 4 people in a cabin I got an error something about no cabins available for that amount of people. I texted a friend who is a TA and he basically came back and said it looked like it just sold out and I could waitlist. Frankly my TA got disgusted with the "weekend help" at the Carnival call center when they said confusing things last night. We were told we could get waitlisted for $50 but they could not tell us when they would know or what cabin costs it would be- said that it might be $900 for a suite- (no, I want the $300 inside or whatever).

So, anyone know the waitlist process? My TA is planning on calling Carnival this morning and see if there is a cabin price guarentee, or if they held some cabins back, and when will they let us know, and if the $50 is refundable IF I choose to cancel within a day or two of paying- I got to have some time to either keep or cancel my other plans in Florida. Anyone have any insight as I can not wait 5 hours for my TA to call. I guess I might have to though

Call Carnival yourself and ask. They are much more helpful to a customer vs. a TA. My TA was on hold with them for an hour last week (She had me conferenced in). I eventually called on my cell phone and and got what I needed done. Meanwhile the line that was on hold with my TA dropped us. No one ever came back to that line to finish helping.

Call Carnival yourself and ask. They are much more helpful to a customer vs. a TA. My TA was on hold with them for an hour last week (She had me conferenced in). I eventually called on my cell phone and and got what I needed done. Meanwhile the line that was on hold with my TA dropped us. No one ever came back to that line to finish helping.

Agreed

Our cruise in January sold out and members of our roll-call had families who were wait-listed. Essentially, everything that your TA told you, is what happened to their families. For the cost of a deposit (refundable), they could waitlist and if something opened up, they were given first crack at it. Unfortunately, if it's the $900 suite, than it is, what it is.

it might be better if you look for a cabin for 2 people.

there might not be cabins for 4/3 people. (you are taking a chance of taking a cabin that needs a roll away too)

I would not be paying 50 bucks to be waitlisted.

do you get your money back if there is no cabins?

Archived