Barcelona - Port to airport

JIMDSB2

How far is it from the port to airport??

How long by taxi does the ride take (weekend)??

What is the cost of a Taxi??

Finally if our ship arrives at 6:00, is a 10:45 flight makeable, or is that too early??

Thanks Jim

How far is it from the port to airport??

How long by taxi does the ride take (weekend)??

What is the cost of a Taxi??

Finally if our ship arrives at 6:00, is a 10:45 flight makeable, or is that too early??

Thanks Jim

The port to the airport is about 20km (12 miles).

The taxi takes about 30 minutes and at the weekend costs about €35-40

Assuming you are on an international flight you will need to check-in 2 hours before the flight so you would need to leave the ship about 7am at the very latest to allow for collecting your luggage (unless you are taking it off yourself), go through customs and immigration, wait for a taxi, get to the airport.

Check with your cruise line what time you will be able to disembark - 6am arrival does not mean you will be able to leave at 6am.

You also need to ask yourself what backup plan you would have should there be a delay at any point before deciding whether you want to chance a 10.45 flight.

My advice would be, if there is a later flight that would be much safer.

Well, we would take a chance on a 10:45 am flight out of Barcelona. However we would also avail ourselves of the express disembarkation scheme where you would be one of the first off the ship but will have to carry all of your own luggage. Clearance of ships in Barcelona is very fast (less then 30 min) so you should have no problem walking off the ship at around 7 and grabbing at taxi to the airport. Even with morning traffic you would be at the airport by 7:40 which if certainly early enough. In fact, at this airport we would not panic if we got to the airport at 8:30 for a flight at 10:45. That being said, there is always the possibility that your ship would dock late...and there is also the chance that the sky will fall, a tidal wave would rush over the airport, etc.

Hank

Well, we would take a chance on a 10:45 am flight out of Barcelona. However we would also avail ourselves of the express disembarkation scheme where you would be one of the first off the ship but will have to carry all of your own luggage. Clearance of ships in Barcelona is very fast (less then 30 min) so you should have no problem walking off the ship at around 7 and grabbing at taxi to the airport. Even with morning traffic you would be at the airport by 7:40 which if certainly early enough. In fact, at this airport we would not panic if we got to the airport at 8:30 for a flight at 10:45. That being said, there is always the possibility that your ship would dock late...and there is also the chance that the sky will fall, a tidal wave would rush over the airport, etc.

Hank

As you say it is 'take a chance'.

I don't know what cruise line the OP is on, that is why I suggested they check with them what the earliest time they may disembark.

If there is a backup plan should things go wrong then that is ok.

I, personally, would not take the chance if it meant possibly missing my flight with no alternative arrangement.

We all have our own comfort limit. I am always cautious on timings. Others are happy to be more risky.

Hank

Our ship is arriving Barcelona the day before our flight. Do we still need to get the Express Disembarkation ? Are thereTaxi/vans for 6 persons at the airport or we we have to pre-arrange a reservation? Thanks for the help.

Our ship is arriving Barcelona the day before our flight. Do we still need to get the Express Disembarkation ? Are thereTaxi/vans for 6 persons at the airport or we we have to pre-arrange a reservation? Thanks for the help.

Why would you need Express Disembarkation if you are staying overnight in Barcelona? In fact you need the opposite as you are unlikely to be able to check into your hotel until later.

There are larger taxis at the airport but you may have to wait a while for one. I would recommend arranging a car in advance.

BCN travel do vans for 7 people for €69. See here

I saw the weekend rate posted of 35-40 euros from the port to airport for a taxi on this thread, but how much is the weekday rate?

Also, are there any shuttles that take you to the airport from the cruise port? Would they be feasible for an 11am flight when docking at 6am?

I saw the weekend rate posted of 35-40 euros from the port to airport for a taxi on this thread, but how much is the weekday rate?

Also, are there any shuttles that take you to the airport from the cruise port? Would they be feasible for an 11am flight when docking at 6am?

Approximate port to airport fares -

Weekdays 8am-8pm is about €30

Weekends 8am-8pm and weekdays 8pm-8am is about €35

Weekend 8pm-8am is about €40

here is a chart giving full details of how fares are calculated.

The only shuttles from port to airport are those arranged by the cruise lines

As you say it is 'take a chance'.

I don't know what cruise line the OP is on, that is why I suggested they check with them what the earliest time they may disembark.

If there is a backup plan should things go wrong then that is ok.

I, personally, would not take the chance if it meant possibly missing my flight with no alternative arrangement.

We all have our own comfort limit. I am always cautious on timings. Others are happy to be more risky.

The problem I have and I suspect that the others have is that the next flight is the next day. In any case we booked the 10:45 amflight based on the cruise line (Celebrity) saying it was within their guidelines. I guess we shall find out. I plan to do express debarkation and grab a taxi.

The problem I have and I suspect that the others have is that the next flight is the next day. In any case we booked the 10:45 amflight based on the cruise line (Celebrity) saying it was within their guidelines. I guess we shall find out. I plan to do express debarkation and grab a taxi.

You will probably be ok. The point I was making was that there is a risk. As long as you are aware of that risk and are happy to take it then that is up to you.

If the situation were reversed and I was flying from USA after a cruise back to Spain, I would allow myself plenty of time to get to the airport or stay overnight and fly the next day.

I would hate to miss a long-haul flight and lose all that money. Maybe your flights are changeable, ours are not. If we miss it we have to pay for another flight :eek:

We are in the same situation as the OP we have a flight at 10:45AM on TAP to Lisbon and then to EWR and our ship the Liberty of the Seas arrives at 6am. I hope this won't be problem. I talked to the agent who booked the cruise and she said we can make any flight after 10AM. I guess we should try for Express checkout. I was planning on booking transfers with RCI but do you think we should just get off the ship on our own and take a van taxi to airport. We are 4 adults with luggage. Would you arrange a van ahead of time?

Archived